RESoArmor Kits

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Each drum is one-of-a-kind, and we can build them to your specs, color by color.
One question I have Josh, how easy will it be for you to match for add-on drums later? Say someone bought that white/black/green set in your post but then a year from now wants to order another tom? Seems like it might be hard to get the ratio of colors and the type of swirl pattern the same.

indedrum

DFO Sponsor
Sponsor
Reaction score
One question I have Josh, how easy will it be for you to match for add-on drums later? Say someone bought that white/black/green set in your post but then a year from now wants to order another tom? Seems like it might be hard to get the ratio of colors and the type of swirl pattern the same.
For a perfect match, I do highly recommend you buy all the drums you will want at once. Add-ons are possible, but we would need you to ship us a drum for the best match, and it we should be able to get reasonably close.

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
I mean this with all due respect, but I hate you!

The level of drum lust building in my gut cannot be healthy! Each one I see is my favorite until I see the next one! Arrrghhhh!!!!!

Frank Godiva

Reaction score
Do you offer the reso armor re-finishing by itself? Like send you a set of old shells to get the treatment?

dogmanaut

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Gotta say, this looks like a game-changer. Very psyched for Josh and INDe.

mlucas123

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Even after viewing your suggested page, I'm still not familiar with what ResoArmor is. What is it?

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seeing those with the inlay on the bass drum settles it, I'm sold........ When you get back from NAMM Josh lets meet up for coffee somewhere and spec a kit out.

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Looking GOOD!!!! INDe booth panorama at NAMM 2019....

INDe_2019_NAMM.JPG

Some quick product impressions....

RESoArmor: These finishes are great looking, durable, have vivid, deep colors that retain the natural tonal character of the shell.
With the shell "thump test" the RESoArmor sounded sonorous like a good raw shell should, whereas the wrapped shell was noticeably muted (I was surprised at how much the wrap actually inhibited/deaden the shell).

Shells: I got to handle a couple of the drums in the Bop kit (R. front), installing hardware on the tom & bass. I was highly impressed by what I saw. It's not an overstatement to say the components are low mass. No joke, these are the real deal, I was surprised at how light and thin the shells were. Hardware and build quality was top notch. Overall I really liked the products at the INDe booth.

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve now had a chance to really experience RESoArmor myself. It totally lives up to the hype, which for me was quite high.

RESoArmor has a very unique feel, almost a slightly tacky texture, that is clearly far more resilient to the typical bumps of gigging than lacquer or waxes. I would argue it seems more resilient than even wrap or an inherent finish like acrylic. I’m not sure if the tackiness will require some dusting or de-linting over time, but I don’t see any evidence right now that such an issue might arise.

A minor benefit I note is that bass hoop inlays are continuous, so there is no seam or staples to snag. Similarly, RESoArmor owners will never need to worry about seam lift. I know this is silly, but I’ve always been slightly bugged by the visible ply line on lacquered/stained drums breaking the nice visual flow, and even that is solved by this beautifully seamless finish.

Tonally, I can’t really discern any difference in shell resonance between my sonorous INDe stained bass drum and my RESoArmor drum in the same size and configuration. I find that pretty amazing.

Unsurprisingly given his track record, it really seems to me that Josh has hit upon pretty much the ideal way to finish drums!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Poppies, I'd like to see your kit, please.....this is an amazing development in drum wrap and I need to see to believe!

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They say on the website that they "can do anything", but I'm kind of curious to see if they can do some regular sparkles, flames, pearls etc. You know, traditional finishes that one would normally associate with wraps and/or lacquers. The sort-of "retro" looking finishes they have are cool, but not really what I'm looking for.