RESoArmor Kits

"poppies"

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
They say on the website that they "can do anything", but I'm kind of curious to see if they can do some regular sparkles, flames, pearls etc. You know, traditional finishes that one would normally associate with wraps and/or lacquers. The sort-of "retro" looking finishes they have are cool, but not really what I'm looking for.
I’ve definitely seen sparkle options, I’d be surprised if you couldn’t work out an option you’d be psyched about.

Pimp-a-diddle

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Is my eyesight going south or does the finish have some "dimples" on the floor tom?

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve definitely seen sparkle options, I’d be surprised if you couldn’t work out an option you’d be psyched about.
So you are RESo WMP customer #2 aye? Haha! Looks like we both like unique hoops with our INDe kits. Here is an overhead shot of mine. I will second the comment that Josh can do just about anything with this finish technique, except (far as I can gather with my experience) just a solid color like white, it has to be blended with something to break up the base color or it will apply funny.

IMG_3168.JPG

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I wonder if he can do white with a cream and/or pearly type swirl to mimic a WMP or white onyx look........I wish I could see these drums in person!

K.BRN_Percussion_Series

Reaction score
As we all know, thier is nothing new under the sun, so when a drum company introduces something different it's pretty impressive. When it's this cool and unique, it's down right stunning! I have an INDe kit and a Alumium snare, and I will add a RESoArmor snare to the family one day soon.
Yes, Josh's work is unique and fun! It's always clean, clear-cut and classy.

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
What model heads are those? Are the coated but only on the center part? How do you tune and use that small drum?

(nice kit!!)
I had the heads custom made by Aquarian specifically for this kit. They are all the "New Orleans" model. I tune the 6" pretty high so its more like a cowbell than a drum really. With that high pitch, the snare feature (on/off) and the wood hoops, I have 4 different sounds I can pull from right there.

wolfereeno

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
wow! Custom made? So these are diff than their regular New Orleans model?

What was the design goal? I take it that's a coated surface and not just a sound dot?

MillerMav

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
wow! Custom made? So these are diff than their regular New Orleans model?

What was the design goal? I take it that's a coated surface and not just a sound dot?
They are the same as regular NO models just in sizes other than 13"/14" (which is all Aquarian sells). So thin power dot material on top (coated) and then clear around the edge. It really works on the 6/10/12 but I am not totally sure it works well on the 15. It gives just the right amount of attack and tone without any muffling. I have to note, I set this up with Aquarian personally and not through Josh. He got the heads sent to him from Aquarian but didn't order the custom heads as part of the build. I don't want everyone to start bugging Josh for custom Aquarian heads but if you email Aquarian I have found they will work with you on most ideas. I had them make me a 15" super kick as well for when I use the floor as a bass drum.