(Restored) 60’s Ludwig Blue Oyster Pearl Pioneer snare

A_T_P

Reaction score
This one came to me with an unoriginal wrap on it. I removed the wrap, which left a ton of glue left on the blue oyster pearl. I had to sand the glue off, then wet sanded the wrap, which turned out great. The badge was removed during this process and put back on. The (new) grommet oddly ovaled when put back on (see photos). The original hole could be the reason why.

No extra holes, and original hardware minus the heads and wires. Heads can use replacing, although it sounds great as is.

No date stamp. I’ll be happy to take any additional photos, just ask!

Looking for $400 which includes shipping . No international shipping at this time. I take PayPal. Save this one from going to eBay and Reverb!

Attachments

levelpebble

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the crazy things people would do to their drums! Nice work - I wish you could charge more for your efforts! Lots of labor, I know, but 'labor of love' really only goes so far. We are an odd bunch.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That wrap turned out great!

Is the wrap original Blue Oyster Pearl but from a different drum?

A_T_P

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! A labor of love for sure. As far as I can tell it's the original wrap to the drum. I was very worried when taking off the non-original wrap that I'd damage the blue oyster.

Here's a picture of the original wrap. Whoever did it did a good job, but how can you hide that blue oyster?!

Attachments

A_T_P

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! A labor of love for sure. As far as I can tell it's the original wrap to the drum. I was very worried when taking off the non-original wrap that I'd damage the blue oyster.

Here's a picture of the original wrap. Whoever did it did a good job, but how can you hide that blue oyster?!
"non-original" wrap

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one came to me with an unoriginal wrap on it. I removed the wrap, which left a ton of glue left on the blue oyster pearl. I had to sand the glue off, then wet sanded the wrap, which turned out great. The badge was removed during this process and put back on. The (new) grommet oddly ovaled when put back on (see photos). The original hole could be the reason why.

No extra holes, and original hardware minus the heads and wires. Heads can use replacing, although it sounds great as is.

No date stamp. I’ll be happy to take any additional photos, just ask!

Looking for $400 which includes shipping . No international shipping at this time. I take PayPal. Save this one from going to eBay and Reverb!
The wrap really "pops" ....is the wrap glossy after the sanding or is it more dulled? Hard to tell from the photos.

A_T_P

Reaction score
The wrap really "pops" ....is the wrap glossy after the sanding or is it more dulled? Hard to tell from the photos.
Yeah there wasn't a ton of natural light that day in Michigan when I took the photos. Very sunny today, I'll take some pictures when I get home of it outside. I wouldn't say it's super vibrant, but a lot of the tones of pearl shine nicely. Pictures later!

Ludwigboy

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah there wasn't a ton of natural light that day in Michigan when I took the photos. Very sunny today, I'll take some pictures when I get home of it outside. I wouldn't say it's super vibrant, but a lot of the tones of pearl shine nicely. Pictures later!
Thanks!

A_T_P

Reaction score
I'll accept returns on this (within a reasonable amount of time) if someone gets it and it's not what they expect. I can't pay for the return shipping cost though. Just looking to thin the herd a bit!

A_T_P

Reaction score
Pre-weekend bump! Potentially headed to Reverb soon…