RESULTS OF BILL BRUFORD-YARD SALE STARTING TO COME IN

Stretch Riedle

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although there were several surprises with high dollars spent, here's a few that went quite high for what it was:
(all prices in US dollars)
Used practice pad for $936.
Single maraca for $416.
Rattle for $663.
Vintage cowbell for $468.
Used 6" drum head for $464.
Tambourine for $358.

But then again there are many reasons why somebody would pay whatever they needed to to obtain an item. Maybe they just wanted to hear that sound again.

Stretch

CigarScott

Reaction score
I almost bid on the 12" heavy hats but they wouldn't of been over $400 delivered. If I bought those purely to keep as a backup set or something to display on my wall, I'd be sleeping on the couch until 2021.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Reaction score
I agree.
Why pay $40-$100 or more for a tom or snare drum head? Well, I'll tell you why I did it.
After watching all the videos and seeing all the items Bill was offering, I got a little obsessed with wanting to own something from the list. Something practical, like a Paiste cymbal that would fit in with my other Paiste cymbals. I even put reasonable limits on how much I was going to spend, since I'm on a fairly tight budget. Well, every cymbal went for a crapload of money more than I was willing to pay. Then in the middle of the night I got lucky and scored his vintage Premier cymbal stand, which I will use on my kit. So now I had bought something from Bill. But I kept looking at all the drum heads and they were not crazy high prices [compared to lots of other items]. And knowing I had just ordered a brand new INDE drum kit, I thought it would be cool mojo to put Bill's new or used heads on it. So I allowed myself to splurge a little and get a few matching drum heads. Sure, I paid more than I wanted [a range of $41-$93] but all in all I spent only the money I had budgeted for a cymbal or two. I just ended up with hardware and heads instead. And you gotta admit, it's pretty cool to play or use something that used to get played by the fabulous Bill Bruford.
Stretch
Did you get that Lokfast stand?!?! My first hi-hat was a Lokfast. Great stand.

LFBarfe

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yep, that's the one I got. I'll use it to hold my ride cymbal.
Stretch
I own four Lokfast cymbal stands. I don't think I've paid more than £25 for any of them. They're great stands and light, but if I'd bought that one, it'd never leave the house, which defeats the point of having light stands for me. Not that any of my gear has left the house since March.