Return of the Professor

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
chris_dw_drums said:
I've known about this kit for quite awhile. First time I've seen it. It's especially nice seeing Neil funning around, laughing at his own past. I look forward to this tour, sad that it is their last, but I'll bet they pull out all the stops.
so will he be touring with this kit? What about the articles about the "R40" kit with all the laser cut wood inlays?

wflkurt

Deafus Maximus
Reaction score
I saw the first show from the last tour and it was great. It's a little sad to see a lot of the bands I grew up with in retiremant stages but it's all part of life. I too like the fact that Neil can poke fun at himslef. It's nice to see these guys with a sense of humor.

fishmouth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
bellbrass said:
Yeah, When I was a teen, Rush was largely thought of as 3 guys who took their music very seriously, and took themselves very seriously. Bingo on the former; not so much on the latter. I still remember being surprised when they did funny stuff, though - Geddy with "Take Off," Alex making a funny pose with his guitars inside a tour booklet, Neil coming up with "Busheads & Truckfaces". As they 80s progressed, so did their humor. The funny videos they did on the last tour cracked me up; especially Alex.
There's an episode of Trailer Park Boys where Ricky kidnaps Alex from his hotel room. Bubbles is a HUGE Rush fan and he gets snaked on free tickets so hence the kidnapping. Hilarious.

thin shell

DFO Master
Reaction score
chris_dw_drums said:
It's one of the special treats of this tour: he's using two kits. Poor Lorne.
And poor sound engineers...

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
Got to love the look of the double bass and acoustic percussion!
Anyone that hasn't seen RUSH do yourself a big favour and go see them! One of the greatest, and classiest rock bands of all time! I will be going in June. These three guys can flat out play.

the_dude

Possibly DFO's Worst Drummer
Reaction score
I'm disappointed. Thought you meant this guy.......

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Houndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have 2 drummer freinds that were at Tulsa show that swear he used a 3rd kit for the encore ..They insist it was a chrome kit...
I was there ,I think they were smoking crack....

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong--I think this is an awesome idea & all, but if he was going to do something like this, I'm a bit suprised he didn't bust out a replica of his candy apple red Tama's circa 1981, since they are (arguably) his most "iconic" set. But it's still cool no matter what, for sure!

gmiller598

Reaction score
singleordoubleheads said:
Don't get me wrong--I think this is an awesome idea & all, but if he was going to do something like this, I'm a bit suprised he didn't bust out a replica of his candy apple red Tama's circa 1981, since they are (arguably) his most "iconic" set. But it's still cool no matter what, for sure!
It technically wouldn't be that historically accurate if he did that since the 2nd sets works from Moving Pictures backwards since the Candy Apple red was used from Signals on.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Saw Rush in 89 on the Hold your Fire tour. Had bad/great seats... the friends that went with me thought they were bad I thought they were great. We were in the balcony at the Summit in Houston behind the stage, right over the drum riser. Being an 18 year old drummer I sat in awe for entire show.