Returning used cymbals to Guitar Center

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
Luckily, I've bought a lot of gear from GC online. Unfortunately, I've had my fair share of items (mostly cymbals) that were damaged and a few times where I was even sent the wrong cymbal. In the damaged/wrong item instances, I've returned to stores (within 45 days of receipt of item) and on the few times I've had issues where they didn't want to refund s/h costs, a manager gets involved and quickly refunds s/h, too. I've called GC online shipping dept (separate from the store) and they can handle it and order the store to refund s/h.

Recently, I bought 2 DW Craviotto snares from GC. One was gorgeous and pristine, with nearly new heads, Puresound wires, and literally like new. The other looked like crap with beat up/scraped hardware, junky heads, generic wires, and just a mess sadly. I went to return the "bad" one and the guy refunded the full price plus the s/h ($25 total for both snares), even though I said that was fine since I did get one good one....so that was nice.

Speaking of that, I have a 20" K Con light coming today and it's already delivered.....hope it's not a dead one!!

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I've found the Asheville GC to be helpful in cases like that. I ordered a new cymbal that had apparently been a display in another store. It looked like it had been played by having bricks thrown at it. It even had a small chip out of the edge. I took it back and the guy got me a new one immediately with no questions. As mentioned by someone else above, I think the safest bet for used gear is have it delivered to the store so you can inspect it in front of the employee. Before Asheville got a GC I once had a hi hat stand sent to my house, and it arrived without the rod! After the store in Colorado took a week to get back to me after telling me they would look for a rod, I called the main 800 number and they sent me a return label and a refund, along with an apology.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Reaction score
DWSlingerland45 said:
If you have a local GC, why not have them ship an item you purchase online to the local store. You inspect it, play it there....and walk away if you don't like it? Sam Ash has done this for me before w no issues or extra fees.
You still have to pay for shipping to the store, so if you decided to return it (without a reason other than I don't like/want it), you will not get a s/h refund.

bayslarry

Reaction score
You still have to pay for shipping to the store, so if you decided to return it (without a reason other than I don't like/want it), you will not get a s/h refund.
Yep, I with you. But you have a option of simply returning it to a nearby Guitar Center store. This way you can avoid paying return shipping charges. All that you need to do to return a product purchased from store or online, is take it to Guitar Center store. Just make sure to take a print out of the order confirmation email or the packing slip (which was included in your original order.)

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I ha e returned cymbals in person at the store, even after one arrived with a crack. Refunds processed with no problem.

Latest posts