Reverb drops Paypal...keeps your money after sales until they decide to pay you..???

musicman64

Reaction score
Been busy { good} with my Reverb store..last 2 months real good...until today...notified that my item sold, and I have been paid.. ONLY, no money in paypal..no money in bank account..and of course ..now..no phone customer service anymore..so no way to ask questions. Used the "contact us" tab 3 times today..every 3 hours..no response yet. I was never notified/alerted/asked/ or instructed as to exactly what is happening..how to make it work,,,why I need this..nothing. Did anyone get a message? Just wonderin'

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I had my first sale under this new policy today. Not thrilled. Apparently, it's to stop scammers? I like having gear money in a separate spot and I like getting paid right away even more.
It was annoying enough when they started to collect taxes (out of their control) and ask for you to hold that tax money until end of month. I would so much prefer they do that and take their cut at the time of sale, rather than all this monthly invoice nonsense. I've been prepared to see the site become less seller friendly since Etsy bought them. These frustrations are from someone who loves Reverb. I just know the writing is on the wall.

musicman64

Reaction score
Too bad..I guess it's going to be a goodbye also from here..I mean..you have to ship on your buck...then wait to see if the buyer is honest, and not a condition ripper...then IF everything goes well, then maybe..whenever they feel like it, you may get your money... Is it scam sellers driving all these changes? Or just the Hold cash for interest aspect? I think that's also happening to Drum Factory also..the old" talk to a drummer" aspect of the business seems to be gone..now it's just..email us with answers to our pre-selected questions..and then wait for an answer that..1} makes no sense ,,2}...doesn't answer your real question or 3}no answer at all!!!

tdcrjeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Previous thread:

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Too bad..I guess it's going to be a goodbye also from here..I mean..you have to ship on your buck...then wait to see if the buyer is honest, and not a condition ripper...then IF everything goes well, then maybe..whenever they feel like it, you may get your money... Is it scam sellers driving all these changes? Or just the Hold cash for interest aspect? I think that's also happening to Drum Factory also..the old" talk to a drummer" aspect of the business seems to be gone..now it's just..email us with answers to our pre-selected questions..and then wait for an answer that..1} makes no sense ,,2}...doesn't answer your real question or 3}no answer at all!!!
I sold something on Reverb today. First in 7 months. I did not pay for a label up front. Once the box was scanned at the shipper I received an email stating my monies will be deposited into my account in 1-3 business days. Reverb transaction fees are less than PayPal. Purchases direct through Reverb protect sellers from a liberal PayPal 6 month return policy while still offering very responsible protection for buyers. All of these details were the same 7 months ago. If you’re a Preferred Seller, the only thing that has changed is you don’t have to mess with PayPal. I believe they want sellers to represent a level of quality that they define as “Preferred”.

As a seller (even if episodic), I don’t want a 6 month return policy on that 50 year old snare sold, do you?

Last edited:

musicman64

Reaction score
I thought I was a preferred seller..been there 6 years...all 100% feedback When i finally got in touch with them today, about a sale that happened 3-4 days ago, they told me that for my first sale under the new system, I had to pay for the shipping up-front, out of my pocket, and then wait for at least 6-10 days after packages were delivered to receive full payment. since the sale was over $1500, and shipping was $300, I thought it was a little insulting for them to have that attitude. I put my store on "Vacation" to think about it and watch the progress. I mean, do they have some big drum mother, spewing out vintage drum sets, or do they still need sellers who have the products they sell?

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I don't care that they now force you to accept returns. I work hard to sell quality used items and accurately describe each element. I'm not interested in offering a free trial period.

"Return Policy
A return policy is required for sellers who accept Reverb Payments as a payment method.
Reverb Recommended Return Policy
Return Window
Used & Vintage Items - 7 Days
Used & Vintage items may be returned within 7 days of the delivery date.
New Items - 14 days
New items may be returned within 14 days of the delivery date."

But my biggest issue is I have no bank account I am willing to use in order to receive my funds. So I suppose I have maybe sold my last peice of gear on Reverb. I will have to think about it long and hard.

Latest posts