Reverb not allowing negative feedback on site

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Got a Fibes snare that was in below average condition that was described as being in very good.condition
Reseller said condition was based on age ,not physical experience.
When I tried to leave a 2 star review ,it was rejected.
1651848290198.jpeg

1651848503168.png

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
So the 4.9 star seller I'm buying from has a manufactured rating.

That's good info to know.

rwm5

Reaction score
I've only had positive experiences so I have never left negative or low star ratings. Hopeful that this is just a glitch, because that is horribly wrong of Reverb.

amosguy

DFO Master
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any explanation from Reverb on the feedback rejection? Outright rejection? Problem with some verbiage in your note?

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When I first tried to leave a review ,it said I should contact reseller first.
After I contacted reseller and got a well that's our version of very good for its age.
Now the site won't accept any feed back at all.
I've bought several items over the years and never had to complain before,but now when you need to...

This is very good condition.
1651855484630.jpeg

This is not
1651855596600.jpeg

What's the term,players grade?

Last edited:

Furious Styles

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good grief. I had a horrible experience with a seller that ultimately turned into a refund. I figured the no negative feedback thing only applied to refunds, which is shady enough.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I first tried to leave a review ,it said I should contact reseller first.
After I contacted reseller and got a well that's our version of very good for its age.
Now the site won't accept any feed back at all.
I've bought several items over the years and never had to complain before,but now when you need to...

This is very good condition.
View attachment 557925
This is not
View attachment 557926

What's the term,players grade?

IMO, that's accurately "Very good" condition, based on their published guidelines (from https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013525833-Gear-conditions-and-what-they-mean):

"Very Good describes items with more cosmetic imperfections than Excellent but is still in great condition overall. With a Very Good guitar, for example, you might find some scratches, buckle rash, or other minor blemishes but nothing that affects the playability or function of the instrument."

Keep in mind that "Very Good" is the only the third-highest "used" status (below Mint and Excellent). "Good", the next step down starts getting into rusted / cracked parts.

Also, the listing had very clear photos showing the condition of the shell:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
I left the lowest rating possible 2 months back on a snare drum and case that was all messed up. Reverb agreed. Seller refused to take messages from either of us. So I couldn't return
the item or get one cent from them. I left them 1* feedback.....the lowest possible. That seller has not returned to Reverb and still has only 1 Feedback rating....mine. If they ever come back it will take them
a long time to average that 1* upwards. My written feedback on that listing was scathing and enough to scare away anyone risking to do business with them.

I was ready to leave 1* or 2* feedback this past week on a drum stand that was all dented (and listed as no issues)....fortunately the seller came to their senses and compensated me.

I'm pretty critical on damaged or mis-described gear I receive on both EBay and Reverb. I've probably had half a dozen or more purchased items on Reverb that weren't described accurately and each time
Reverb and/or the Seller handled it....mostly cymbals. Sometimes the seller's refused and Reverb still stepped up with "bucks." In all but one case I was satisfied with the resolution. I was thinking I was going to give low
ratings on those sellers but since it was "handled" one way or another they got mostly 4-5 stars. Only twice have I given ratings lower than 5 stars.........a 1* and a 4*....and that's out of dozens of purchases. Most sellers realize when they screwed up (even if they hate to admit it) and will compensate a fair amount to make things equitable.

Last edited:

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
IMO, that's accurately "Very good" condition, based on their published guidelines (from https://help.reverb.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013525833-Gear-conditions-and-what-they-mean):

"Very Good describes items with more cosmetic imperfections than Excellent but is still in great condition overall. With a Very Good guitar, for example, you might find some scratches, buckle rash, or other minor blemishes but nothing that affects the playability or function of the instrument."

Keep in mind that "Very Good" is the only the third-highest "used" status (below Mint and Excellent). "Good", the next step down starts getting into rusted / cracked parts.

The drum had a missing strands in the snare strainer and when I took it into a local plastic place to see if I could have the scratches buffed out,I was informed they were fractures in the acrylic(crazing) and not just surface scratches.

T_Weaves

Reaction score
Did you use a credit card or paypal? Maybe you can stop the transaction?

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The drum had a missing strands in the snare strainer and when I took it into a local plastic place to see if I could have the scratches buffed out,I was informed they were fractures in the acrylic(crazing) and not just surface scratches.
The photos clearly showed the missing strands. Not sure what to tell you about the scratches, other than the drum looks exactly as I'd expect it to, based on the pictures in the ad and the price paid.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The photos clearly showed the missing strands. Not sure what to tell you about the scratches, other than the drum looks exactly as I'd expect it to, based on the pictures in the ad and the price paid.
I took the snares into account as they are easily replaceable with Peal FF snares.
The last one I bought was kind of in the same condition ,but as pictured, came out quite nicely.

bpaluzzi

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I took the snares into account as they are easily replaceable with Peal FF snares.
The last one I bought was kind of in the same condition ,but as pictured, came out quite nicely.
Nice! Is the new one structurally sound? It's a drag that they're not buffable, but hopefully it's not cracked enough that the shell integrity is suspect. If that's the case, then I agree you'd definitely have a reason to prompt return.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask ebay.

They did the same thing sometime ago.

Which is why I never sell there anymore, even after so many years and over 700 positive transactions.
Ebay allows negative feedback for sellers, just not buyers, right?

robthedrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I'm afraid I have to agree with this assessment. Sorry. With some time and elbow grease, you might be able to buff a lot of that out with Novus or good car headlight scratch remover. Just tape off the badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.