Reverb not allowing negative feedback on site

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgm554

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to agree with this assessment. Sorry. With some time and elbow grease, you might be able to buff a lot of that out with Novus or good car headlight scratch remover. Just tape off the badge.
Already tried Novus.(free samples from Tap Plastics),but Tap's opinion was doubtful.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
https://reverb.com/item/53690493-vintage-fiber-clear-acrylic-14-snare-drum?show_sold=true

The seller's photos do look very good. They picked all the right angles to hide all the hairlines.

The photos in hand from the buyer.....not so "very good." I'd call it good. And those lines in the shell should have been noted as they are the major flaw on the shell.

That's a lot more than a "few light scratches" on the shell. I'd say "heavy." And in "overall great shape?" Nope. In essence Reverb's "very good" means "great."
And that's already conflicted imo. Great should be reserved to for excellent or very fine. Player's quality can range from FAIR to GOOD to VERY GOOD to GREAT.
It can be anything from a beat up drum that functions to a borderline collector quality drum.

Bottom line.....regardless what you call it.....include photos showing the major flaws of the drum so that you can see what they really look like. Don't hide them in shadows and glare or dazzling lighting.
Sure, doing that gets you less money. But that's what should happen.

Last edited:

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
Yet another example of what happens when you give the same trophy to the last place team that you gave to the first place team. I am finding that there simply is nothing right anymore with Big Tech companies. They are ginormous monopolies that manipulate outcomes based on political bents. No sense of right and wrong. Reverb has turned into something that it simply wasn't just a few years ago. Before they were sold, you could call them, talk to a real person, and they were run the right way. After they were sold...You can't get in touch with anyone if you have a problem, they don't stand by their customers, don't protect their customers, always side with the wrong side and on and on... I recently dealt with a nightmare situation with a real criminal that I wrote about in another thread that I had to have American Express step in to fix the situation.
I am finding this more and more with Big Tech companies... They are run by a bunch of demented spoiled brats that act like 5 year olds. You can't get in touch with anyone on the phone, ever. They make it near impossible to navigate their websites for information. Another example: We used to use Indeed to find employees which was getting harder and harder to do even before the pandemic. Well, it's no secret that finding employees these days has gone from very difficult to damn near impossible in recent years. Again, if you sign the front of the check, it's no secret that our society has lost the American work ethic we once had and that starting with the millennial generation, no one wants to work too early in the morning, too late at night, on weekends, work that's too hard, work that's too stressful, cry, snivel, hurt, etc... If you only sign the back of a check, you will probably disagree with me... Let's just leave it at that...
Anyway, finding employees has become a near impossible task, especially when your business starts at 6am and closes at 6pm and you work on Saturdays. Indeed instituted this one way rating system that only allows employees to rate their employers! You hire an employee...they suck from the minute they show up on the first day, they are lazy, late every day, don't perform the task at hand, don't care, won't work no matter what you pay them, have bad attitudes, on and on... And...the coup de grace...they leave you the poor 1-star review, but you can't leave them a poor 1-star review. We continue to protect the wrong side, there are no consequences to bad behavior, bad employees, dishonest employees that steal from you...NOPE! They get to leave you a crap review but you can't leave them one! Now, you are stuck looking like a crappy employer with a 1-star review and that affects how other potential employees will consider coming to work for you. It is all one sided, no true sense of right and wrong, all run by a bunch of emotionally stuck 5 year old babies that need "safe spaces" are ruining the world. I am so tired of Big Tech. I am tired of emotionally retarted young adults that act like babies. I just want to slap their stupid parents for raising a generation no equipped to live in the "real world". God help us...
I am doing my best to boycott and not do business with them. Reverb is no exception. They are a downright crappy company, just like eBay, just like all of the others... They won't protect you, so why give them the commission? I try my best to do all of my deals off Reverb! If we don't hit them in the pocketbook, they simply won't change.

Last edited by a moderator:

feelyat

Reaction score
Yet another example of...

Far be it from me to interrupt your clearly well-reasoned rant about emotionally retarded 5 year old babies, but...

Feedback on a site with the scale of Reverb and Indeed has an interesting angle to it. In many cases, the power dynamic of feedback can be asymmetric. Big sellers on Reverb can handle a couple of negative reviews, but one-off people like me (ten transactions in two years!) would be destroyed by them. That puts a lot of power in the hands of the big guys, if all feedback were created equal. Perhaps Reverb has taken the approach of feedback moderation to prevent unscrupulous people from doing the kinds of things they used to do in early days of ebay -- threaten negative feedback to get special treatment.

I've never used Indeed, but if they actually have a one-way feedback system, then I think it makes total sense. As an employee, I interact with a small number of employers throughout my life. As an employer, I'm dealing with hundreds (or thousands) of employees. Much like Reverb feedback, public attack by an unscrupulous large employer would be massively damaging to my reputation as an individual, and could literally ruin my life, at no cost to the employer, other than a slight downtick in their reputation. The power dynamic is all in the employer's favor.

Many of these kinds of policies need be looked at in light of how bad actors would misuse them. I really don't think anyone is trying to manipulate outcomes based on any political agenda.

For the OP, I really don't have an answer. Maybe your feedback fell into their abuse detection algorithm. If so, I think they should be way more transparent about how that works, and what legitimate concerns (like yours) it catches along the way.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ebay allows negative feedback for sellers, just not buyers, right?

I’ve been selling some old Dinky diecast cars on eBay. One buyer contacted me and said eBay has his address wrong, he used to live in England, but now he’s in Canada. I told him I have no control over that with the new Global Shipping Program. Told him to contact eBay. Instead he gave me bad feedback, saying I was “unresponsive”.

I contacted eBay via their support chat-bot, and they deleted it right away!! Boy, was I happy.

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Reverb is surely showing some flaws that weren't there before. A couple weeks ago my automatic "feed" literally froze for 24 hrs. There were no new updates. And I have 30 different
things I track on there from everything Zildian, Paiste, Rogers, Gretsch, Slingerland, Leedy, MIJ, and Ludwig....to a lot of other things. I usually get about 15-25 new listings every day.
On one day I wasn't getting anything. I contacted Reverb and they told me what I was seeing was not happening because "no one else" had reported it. I asked them to kick it up to a Supervisor
and was told why do that for something that "isn't happening to me?" About 36 hrs later my feed comes back. Days later I get a Reverb message saying they were looking into my problem and
would get back to me on it. Never heard back. I get to rate these chat and message inputs to Reverb. I'm staring to give a lot more 1 and 2 star ratings to them instead of the usual 4 and 5 stars
from 1-2 yrs ago.

Not to be all negative. I had Reverb step up a month back on a $400 drum that had a major issue. Seller refused to budge nor allow a return. Reverb sent me back 50% of the purchase price.....$200.
That was more than fair. On another undisclosed damage supra from 3 months ago the seller went dark and refused to communicate with either of us. Reverb eventually gave me the $75 I requested to
cover replacing the damaged parts. So there is still a 2 way street here.

nickrobotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’d be very frustrated if someone left a bad review without discussion. Especially if the item was described accurately (Reverb’s policy for grading is clear) and the photos were good.

However, sorry you don’t like your snare. That sucks.

ppfd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I’ve been selling some old Dinky diecast cars on eBay. One buyer contacted me and said eBay has his address wrong, he used to live in England, but now he’s in. Canada. I told him I have no control over that with the new Global Shipping Program. Told him to contact eBay. Instead he gave me bad feedback, saying I was “unresponsive”.

I contacted eBay via their support chat-bot, and they deleted it right away!! Boy, was I happy.
You can receive a negative now for not answering a question the right way?
LOL doesn’t surprise me really.
Been a good 10 years since I’ve bought or sold over there. My stuff will rot or go to goodwill before I deal with that level of horse sh#t

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
"I've never used Indeed, but if they actually have a one-way feedback system, then I think it makes total sense. As an employee, I interact with a small number of employers throughout my life. As an employer, I'm dealing with hundreds (or thousands) of employees. Much like Reverb feedback, public attack by an unscrupulous large employer would be massively damaging to my reputation as an individual, and could literally ruin my life, at no cost to the employer, other than a slight downtick in their reputation. The power dynamic is all in the employer's favor."

Of course you would say this! No thought about the fact that if you left your employer a bad review, they might not be able to attract other employees to actually stay in business and make a living! No care in the world for anyone but yourself! This narcissistic thought pattern is exactly what I am talking about. When you only sign the backside of a check, you will never understand what it takes and means to be an employer and just how difficult it is dealing with and managing employees. All the risk, sleepless nights, second mortgages on your home to keep your business alive... So, when the cards are stacked only in favor of one direction, the other side has no skin in the game, no thought to leave a thoughtless, harmful review that would damage their employers ability to make a living. Guess what? If you are poor/crappy employee, I should have every ability to say so in the same manner that you could if I was a shite employer. A two way street...that keeps everyone honest. Your classic brainwashing "screw the man" mentality with reckless disregard for another man's ability to make a living is the real problem here. See where it gets you in life. I bet you have a ton of 9th place trophies all lined up perfectly in your bedroom in mom's basement. Cherish those trophies because the real world simply doesn't work like this. When you force companies to work like this, the companies go out of business and everyone loses their jobs, not a "slight downtick in their reputation" as you stated above. Karl Marx would be very proud of you... You speak his language perfectly, comrade!

Last edited:

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can receive a negative now for not answering a question the right way?

The stupid thing is that I answered it the right way, he just didn’t like the answer. :)

Why would eBay let the seller ship to a different address than the one the buyer has on file with them?? Seems like a good way to commit fraud.

Reaction score
I think Reverb is still a great platform, and they still have a great (albeit smaller after the Etsy take-over) global team that helps out when issues arise.

I’ve been selling some old Dinky diecast cars on eBay. One buyer contacted me and said eBay has his address wrong, he used to live in England, but now he’s in Canada. I told him I have no control over that with the new Global Shipping Program. Told him to contact eBay. Instead he gave me bad feedback, saying I was “unresponsive”.

You could have contacted ebay before denouncing him. Because you could actually help a seller out if he noticed the adress is wrong.

Its nothing abnormal to have multiple adresses, and not having the current address properly set up as main adress.

I would give you bad feedback as well, and complained if you had it removed.

Skyrm

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Reverb is still a great platform, and they still have a great (albeit smaller after the Etsy take-over) global team that helps out when issues arise.

You could have contacted ebay before denouncing him. Because you could actually help a seller out if he noticed the adress is wrong.

I would give you bad feedback as well, and complained if you had it removed.

I didn’t “denounce” him. I told him to contact eBay to correct his address. He refused.

Glad I haven’t sold you anything. :)

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Years ago, a buyer in Europe bought a snare drum from me on Reverb. Then they asked me to send it as a gift with no declared value, because "VAT is so high!" When I refused (doing that is actually illegal), he tried to leave negative feedback ("seller charged too much for shipping"). Reverb had the feedback removed. I still lost out in that I sold a $500 item that has no feedback. Sold it at a loss as well.

feelyat

Reaction score
Your classic brainwashing "screw the man" mentality with reckless disregard for another man's ability to make a living is the real problem here. See where it gets you in life. I bet you have a ton of 9th place trophies all lined up perfectly in your bedroom in mom's basement. Cherish those trophies because the real world simply doesn't work like this. When you force companies to work like this, the companies go out of business and everyone loses their jobs, not a "slight downtick in their reputation" as you stated above. Karl Marx would be very proud of you... You speak his language perfectly, comrade!
I can't imagine employees leaving you negative reviews. You seem so nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.