header.nohb.html

Reverb Shipping Prices

Demonslayer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I simply wanted to share how Reverb shipping prices look like from my neck of the woods…

42BF0138-BAE3-4BFC-B75F-4C6A916785B4.jpeg

Last edited:

Tama CW

DFO Master
Reaction score
Those are large changes since last shipped to Puerto Rico last year. I shipped a $300 set of 80's Zildjians (20,18,16) for about $65 through Reverb (approx 1000 miles from New England).
Though I'd suspect from the West Coast would be considerably more.

ThomFloor

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The price of fuel is going through the roof, it has to come out somewhere.

rkingston

Reaction score
Those are large changes since last shipped to Puerto Rico last year. I shipped a $300 set of 80's Zildjians (20,18,16) for about $65 through Reverb (approx 1000 miles from New England).
Though I'd suspect from the West Coast would be considerably more.
Yet another New Englander? There are an awful lot of us here on DFO it seems!

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Yeah, it’s pretty disgusting what people are getting away with. Reached out to customer service and ask them, and they can firmed that the shipping rates are said by each individual and it is part of their sale/profit. Like going to a department store to get a 30% discount on a 300% markup. Feel the best way to do business, and that’s what this is is to be honest and fair.

FlowTom

Reaction score
I have UPS and FedEx shipper accounts. They kept hitting me with fuel surcharges on my shipping invoices when gas went down to $1.69 a few years ago.
I haven't shipped anything in a while. I can only imagine what charges they're slamming shippers with now.

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Looks like Internet-shopping enthusiasts shot themselves in the foot by choosing long-distance shipping while mom-and-pop music stores withered and died.

Welcome to the future.
LETS START A LOCAL MUSIC STORE DAY. SIMILAR TO RECORD STORE DAY! LET IS ALL AGRE ON A SPECIAL DAY DRUMMERS BDAY OR DAY OF PASSING. WE ALL GO AND BUY ON THAT DAY AT THE MOM & POP STORE.
SAM ASH AND GTR CRR DONT COUNT.

1988fxlr

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
On the bright side, you can justify a Florida or NY vacation as saving you money as long as you bring back at least 3 cymbals

HowardW

Reaction score
I have a UPS account. Yesterday I looked up shipping a bass drum from Arkansas to Precision Drum to be rewrapped. Not only did UPS want $120 for the shipping, they also added a "large package fee" of $21. Needless to say, I didn't do it.

I have a couple of items on Reverb for sale with free shipping, but I'm worried the "free" shipping will cost me far too much. I will probably pull the items down soon, remove the free shipping and go back to adding shipping as a separate charge.

Demonslayer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
It cost me $173 to ship a snare drum from Aguadilla (BQN) to Phoenix. It was a Gretsch stave snare inside a case, yes. But $173...

McLovin’ me Ludwigs

Reaction score
Thank you all for the insight.
Things or just top all the way around. 2020 was such a weird pause 2021 no one knew how to be social fist bump?elbow tap? handshake? mask? no mask? very confusing. 2022 we’re all suffering from the repercussions of 2020. Everybody be well everybody stay well and everybody play well enjoy the weekend

culture trash

Reaction score
I have a UPS account. Yesterday I looked up shipping a bass drum from Arkansas to Precision Drum to be rewrapped. Not only did UPS want $120 for the shipping, they also added a "large package fee" of $21. Needless to say, I didn't do it.

I have a couple of items on Reverb for sale with free shipping, but I'm worried the "free" shipping will cost me far too much. I will probably pull the items down soon, remove the free shipping and go back to adding shipping as a separate charge.
I recently was selling a set of Ludwig Classic Maples in the downbeat configuration, and the cheapest estimate I got for shipping was close to $450. It was too much of a hit to justify selling through Reverb, so I opted to wait it out on the local market.

T_Weaves

Reaction score
I doubt I'll ever ship a full kit again. It just costs too much. Anything I'm trying to sell will go on CL or facebook drummer groups first. There's no better deal than when I'm counting out the money on my washer/dryer and handing the stuff over to the buyer.

HowardW

Reaction score
Just to follow up, I sold the bass drum I had listed on Reverb. 20" bass drum in a 24" cube box, which weighed 31 pounds, shipping from Arkansas to Florida. Using Reverb to buy the shipping label, UPS ground was $76.

Drum Mer

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just to follow up, I sold the bass drum I had listed on Reverb. 20" bass drum in a 24" cube box, which weighed 31 pounds, shipping from Arkansas to Florida. Using Reverb to buy the shipping label, UPS ground was $76.
Curious if you will get hit with added fees or taxes later on.