Reverb

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Just a shout out to Reverb. I’d encourage selling on there, if something doesn’t sell here. The fees are much lower than that “other” site.

I’ve made some purchases over there with no issues.

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues myself. I’m just going on the fact that fees are a lot less than somewhere else...

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have had only a couple of deals go sour on Reverb, out of 200 or so transactions. The times things didn’t go well, Reverb handled it quickly and properly. I’m not in any way doubting anyone else’s bad experiences, but so far they have done the right thing for me.

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've had almost 40 transactions occur since the middle of May when I decided to advertise and sell on Reverb.

I have had nothing but positive selling and feedback responses from every transaction. I've had a couple of low ball offers on some things but that's to be expected.

I really like using their site.

Reactions: CSR

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Count me in as another person who has nothing but positive experiences both selling and buying through reverb.

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the link I guess, but I could care less. Reverb will stand or fall on its own merits with our without our insights and I personally don't care to spend my hobby time reading a fued or conflict between two members.

Life's to short to send my energy that way. I'll move along now before I regret voicing an opnion....

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Reverb's been good to me so far. But I've only bought stuff, haven't tried to sell something yet.
If you do, be prepared for a shipping experience if you offer it. If you start selling like a beast (a lot in a short period of time) you'll be running your "you know what" off and then you'll become a wrap, pack and ship master. It won't take long....heheheeheheheeeeeeee................ahem. I'm ok. Sorry.

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Reverb is great. Bought a lot. Sold a lot. Good folks both on the other side and nice people at Chicago Drum Exchange.
And less fees....bonus!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
I’ve never used them. I’m ok with here and the Bay.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
O, wait, now I get it. So this isn't a "community" where drum related $hit gets discussed. And of course not when another member goes out of his way to take a $hit on another's business. Hmmm ...

In an attempt to stay out of it, or be positive like fatman (good one! Sounds like you were about to start tearing the house down, Buddha), a few of you couldn't help but be positive. No, wow, someone actually went out of his way to call Reverb to close your listing, and Reverb ACTUALLY DID JUST THAT.

How republican of you. Go ahead, report me, have me removed, I do not care. I want you to.

Funny how bent out of shape many get when anyone says a word unfavorable to Ringo.
I think it's mostly because you're being a bit over dramatic with it. I think if you said "I've had a couple of issues with Reverb, one where an item wasn't packed well and I had a problem getting money back, and another where they pulled one of my ads due to my price" that'd be one thing, but you're pointing fingers at people and are saying the same things over and over again.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have had only a couple of deals go sour on Reverb, out of 200 or so transactions. The times things didn’t go well, Reverb handled it quickly and properly. I’m not in any way doubting anyone else’s bad experiences, but so far they have done the right thing for me.
My experiences as well. Of the couple of minor disputes I've had as a buyer they handled they very well. On a couple occasions they forwarded me some Reverb bucks on them. For 95% of us that handle pretty standard percussion transactions it seems to work very well. I could see how 5 figure drum kits could have their own issues. As far as packing, that's on the seller. If you have doubts about their skills, run them through it. What could it hurt? As they say, an ounce of prevention. Never "assume" anything...unless you want to end up on the wrong end of the transaction. Ask a seller how they packed the last item similar to what you're buying.

One big plus I find with REVERB is they consistently save me 20-25% on shipping....which often covers the 6.3% combined Reverb/PP commissions. They get preferred rates with USPS/UPS/FedEx and offer you the best one.....a benefit of using them....not to mention now you have both Paypal and Reverb behind your entire seller transaction. In most cases what would cost me $40 to ship, might only cost them $30 or even $25. That comes in handy when trying to complete a $150 to $300 transaction that is going cross country. It's usually the break point for making the transaction work out. For us "amateurs" using Reverb it's a pretty solid venue.

I price my items so that they have a chance to sell. Never had Reverb tell me I was out of line....though in at least a couple circumstances maybe I was "too high" to start. It seems my items on Reverb typically sell only when my price finally reaches about the lowest of any seller on there....or the price levels where Reverb history shows they have sold at before.

Last edited:

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have only heard good things about Reverb..BUT..I tried posting some things on sale there..and..it wanted me to post a price to ship domestically..and internationally.....How am I supposed to know how much it is to ship a snare drum to Uganda?..Or..to another person in Moscow?...At least with that other site...it tells them..no guessing on my end...