Reverb

Formula 602

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe I need to price everything domestic...as shipped to Hollywood..as far away from me as can be.....and..to Australia..as far away internationally...and tell them..I will refund any difference?..

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
Maybe I need to price everything domestic...as shipped to Hollywood..as far away from me as can be.....and..to Australia..as far away internationally...and tell them..I will refund any difference?..
That's a good working strategy. Estimate the top price domestic and the top price international, and say you'll refund any difference. I often do that. Australia and NZ are good places to estimate as top price, because it really is brutally expensive to ship there.

Sometimes you have to take a calculated risk though, and expect that you may lose some money on shipping costs. This is for people who sell fairly often, because they can figure it into their overall flow of costs. Not for people who just want to sell one or two things, and can't stand to lose any money.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have only heard good things about Reverb..BUT..I tried posting some things on sale there..and..it wanted me to post a price to ship domestically..and internationally.....How am I supposed to know how much it is to ship a snare drum to Uganda?..Or..to another person in Moscow?...At least with that other site...it tells them..no guessing on my end...
You can also X-out international shipping, if you don't feel like doing it. I usually just do domestic only and roll shipping into the cost.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve only had good experiences on Reverb. I’m more comfortable using it than eBay, but they of course don’t get quite as many items listed as eBay. It also feels like you’re dealing with the seller on a personal level, whereas on eBay it’s like you’re buying from an employee. Maybe that’s just my own weird perception of it.

Reverb’s completed listings stay up longer, too. That’s nice for when you’re researching where all a drum has been or what a reasonable price to pay is. You can also see more clearly how long an item has been listed to help determine whether someone’s price is ludicrously high.

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve only had good experiences on Reverb. I’m more comfortable using it than eBay, but they of course don’t get quite as many items listed as eBay. It also feels like you’re dealing with the seller on a personal level, whereas on eBay it’s like you’re buying from an employee. Maybe that’s just my own weird perception of it.

Reverb’s completed listings stay up longer, too. That’s nice for when you’re researching where all a drum has been or what a reasonable price to pay is. You can also see more clearly how long an item has been listed to help determine whether someone’s price is ludicrously high.
I've actually found more "good" gear on Reverb. Ebay's now the home for stuff that's priced way too high, or listings that are misspelled so you can get them cheap, hah.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In the past, wasn't it possible to receive email alerts for new Reverb listings that match your searches? I have them set up on eBay but I could have sworn I used to get them from Reverb.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In the past, wasn't it possible to receive email alerts for new Reverb listings that match your searches? I have them set up on eBay but I could have sworn I used to get them from Reverb.
Yes, they call it “My Feed”.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
One of the best features is that sellers are required to rate the condition. This is not true on eBay beyond just being “used”. Despite rating guidelines for vintage it’s still somewhat subjective but it’s at least a rating that facilitates better accountability.

musiqman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A great tool is:

&showsold=true pasted behind the url when you have put in a search.

It gives you all the history of a said sold item with their respective prices. very useful.

I do notice it takes longer to sell on Reverb and there is no lowball offer block function.

TheElectricCompany

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
A great tool is:

&showsold=true pasted behind the url when you have put in a search.

It gives you all the history of a said sold item with their respective prices. very useful.

I do notice it takes longer to sell on Reverb and there is no lowball offer block function.
Great tip!

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm another with nothing but positive experiences buying and selling on reverb. You have to price your gear right if you want it to move and you have to be willing to put up with deadbeat low ball bidders and bidders who sometimes don't pay, but that is to be expected. Otherwise it is a great platform for used gear.

dustjacket

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Have over 150 ratings (buying/selling) and haven't looked back. Very user friendly.
Bummed about the whole tax thing though.

Latest posts