Ric Ocasek Died This Afternoon...

dtk

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yeah...Cars were such a big part so many moments of my life......I even sort of liked his 1st solo album...

robthetimekeeper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He put out just as many solo albums as he did with The Cars.
He also produced many great records from bands such as Weezer, Bad Religion, Bad Brains, No Doubt, etc..
RIP

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great music. This is sad news. I was just listening to his music the other day

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
Here's a track from Ric O. & Ben Orr's previous band in '73
That's Ric on the right and he sings this.... :)

"In the early 1970's, the two future Cars lead singers, Ric Ocasek and Benjamin Orr, were members of a Boston folk trio called Milkwood. At that time, the two went by their real names, Richard Otcasek and Benjamin Orzechowski. Jas Goodkind rounded out the guitar-and-vocal trio, but future Cars keyboardist Greg Hawkes also played on Milkwood's only album providing sax and horn arrangements. The 1973 album was called How's The Weather- It predates the first Cars album by a good five years. "

Last edited:

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

Furious Styles

Reaction score
I learned the basics of the drums by playing along to "Just What I Needed" over and over. It was perfect - had to come in at the right moment, basic 8th note rock beat, fun little drum fill and then David Robinson displaced the backbeat to 1&3 and I was like "WTF."

Huge part of my youth.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
We saw the news at our gig yesterday. We played Just What I Needed twice and Drive. What a legend!

Latest posts