Richie Hayward RIP

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I just heard the very sad news. What an influence on my playing, and as a musician. I met Richie about 20 years ago, what a class act and a very nice gentleman. It is time to give Waiting For Columbus a spin. RIP my drumming brother and thank you for all the great music!

vintagedrumjunky

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the additional post, i just realized this has been mentioned on the other Richie thread.

DrumBob

DFO Star
Reaction score
I knew it was just a matter of time for Richie. I'm very sad about this. He was a founding member of Little Feat, a great drummer and a nice guy. He will be terribly missed. I wonder if Gabe Ford will get the gig playing with the band permanently?

Little Feat is in the UK right now on tour and there is nothing up on their website yet about this, but I'm sure that will change as the day goes along.

I have a few pictures of me taken with Richie. I would scan and post them, but the scanning function on my printer is broken, it seems.

agogobil

Drum Czardine
Reaction score
I've stolen tons off of Richie (whether or not it translates well coming through my ten thumbs).

His style really re-kindled my passion for drumming at a point in my life where I was really to give it up. It was once again a joy to get behind the kit.

Thanks again, Richie. Your playing and style will live on as a great influence.

onemat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/13/richie-hayward-little-feat-dead/

What a drag...he'll be missed.

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
He took what was passed on to him and left us something special to build on. It'll be a long long time before we see another like Richie Hayward.Very sad news for me. May you awaken to the endless horizon of peace and joy. And music. Benny K.

Sonorholic

DFO Star
Reaction score
I played along to a bunch of Little Feat today. Just thinking about all that I learned from Richie. He was a sweet man, gone far too soon.