Ride Suggestions

dambugg

What?
Reaction score
So my birthday is coming up and my wife gave me the OK to buy a new ride cymbal. I am looking for something very versatile. I currently use a Zildj 20 rock ride. I like this ride but I know there is better out there for me. In an average 45 minute set I go from Ray Charles, to Tommy Tu Tone, to Moody Blues, etc. so my sound is all over the place. Is there something that does it all and does it well. I am open to all suggestions.

Cannons

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A few suggestions:
20" Paiste 2002 ride - versatile and classic sound
20" A Zildjian Medium ride, vintage if possible - possibly the most recorded ride cymbal of all time
21" Sabian HH Vintage ride - complex, versatile, gorgeous

gezz

DFO Master
Reaction score
ditto on the 20" 2oo2, also check out the 21" Sabian HH Raw Bell Dry Ride.. i have both and they cover it all.. :)

BoxMonster13

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I loved the 21" Sabian HHX Raw Bell Ride that I played. Very musical. I have an old 21" Sabian AA Rock Ride and it sounds great. It has quite a bit of wash and with light sticks is a very mellow sounding cymbal. The bell just sings too.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
dambugg,

I've got a 20" Paiste Dimensions Light Ride for sale.
2097.85g.
Plays heavier than its name ("light").

Wanna try it out?

If not, then I suggest looking into a 22" 2002. More often than not, that was the classic 70's / 80's "studio ride" you heard on a lot of Rock / Pop albums.
Also, "Hollow Logo" 21" A. Rock Ride is very versatile.

Elvis

janeybug

janeybug
Reaction score
ditto..........a zildjian medium ride.......is there nothing it can't do???????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :D :D :D

biggator

DFO Master
Reaction score
Zildjian Sweet Ride.. covers a lot of ground.

How is that Sabian HH Vintage? I really love the sound of the Sabian HH (have 2 crashes) and have been toying with getting a matching ride.

gaebrel

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a few 22" Sabian Rides to sell. PM me for pics and more details if you're interested.

R

RickP

+1 for the suggestions of my DrumBro Gezz ( Gerry) - it is spooky how much our cymbal tastes are the same aren't they Gerry ?

Latest posts