Ride triggering snare

Stevo9401

Reaction score
Hi everyone first time on here, so I’m looking for a bit of advice , I have a Roland td12 and for some reason the snare sound is being played when I hit the ride cymbal, I have done the cross talk thing and this does not make any difference and to be honest I did not think it would as the snare is a pd 125 on its own stand I’ve been around the module setting and there doesn’t seem to be any way other to solve this problem please help LOL, Steve C

jazzerone

Reaction score
Is it triggering just the snare, or are you hearing the ride cymbal plus the snare? If it's the latter, then you have a cross-triggering problem, even if the 125 is on it's own stand. If you're triggering just the snare when you hit the ride cymbal, with no ride cymbal sound, then you either have it plugged in wrong or there's a problem inside the TD12 module.

Stevo9401

Reaction score
Is it triggering just the snare, or are you hearing the ride cymbal plus the snare? If it's the latter, then you have a cross-triggering problem, even if the 125 is on it's own stand. If you're triggering just the snare when you hit the ride cymbal, with no ride cymbal sound, then you either have it plugged in wrong or there's a problem inside the TD12 module.
I have a
[/

Thank for the advice i have altered the threshhold to 22 on the snare and yes this has solved the problem but i am still perplexed the snare is NOT physically connected to the ride cymbal apart for the cabling through the module The ride sounds as well as the snare when the ride is hit the snare is on is own stand on quite a thick carpet????????????

jazzerone

Reaction score
I've encountered cross-triggering with a snare on a stand. If the cabling is bundled and tied together, as it usually is, it's quite easy for the signal to get picked up in the cabling itself. Not that unusual.