RIMS out of production

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Due to supply chain difficulties and rapidly increasing costs of materials, GPI has decided to discontinue making our RIMS® and Dynamount™ products. What we have left in stock is available on the RIMS® and Dynamount™ Order pages. Any sizes out of stock will no longer be available. In certain cases we may have "factory seconds/slightly blemished" sizes available, in which case we will offer them for sale for a small discount in a separate section below. Thank you to everyone who has supported RIMS® and Dynamount™ over the years. Please note that we will continue to sell our other products available on this website.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
Due to supply chain difficulties and rapidly increasing costs of materials, GPI has decided to discontinue making our RIMS® and Dynamount™ products. What we have left in stock is available on the RIMS® and Dynamount™ Order pages. Any sizes out of stock will no longer be available. In certain cases we may have "factory seconds/slightly blemished" sizes available, in which case we will offer them for sale for a small discount in a separate section below. Thank you to everyone who has supported RIMS® and Dynamount™ over the years. Please note that we will continue to sell our other products available on this website.

Bummer!

drumgadget

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Truly a shame to see this pioneering product go ...... !

Although I can understand the conditions and reasons stated by GPI ..... as well as the fact that other innovative solutions to isolation mounting have come along since the RIMs mount made its debut.

Thanks to all of the small manufacturers/inventors who make the world of drumming so much richer!

Mike

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes. There was a price increase in aluminum from his supplier, and he thought the price he needed to ask would be too much for most drummers. He got enough favorable responses that he kept making them.

People can be convinced to keep going. I hope enough people let him know his product is appreciated. My old Rogers kit had RIMS on the 14” tom. 33 years on and the chrome isn’t even pitted.

Deafmoon

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I went in a very well known chain music store on Friday, the 600 square foot drum shop looked like an army of pests that eat drum stuff had gone through there. Completely empty parts walls, J-hooks hanging on slat wall with no product on them, lots of empty stick racks and a pitiful selection of entry level snares and cymbals. Yes, we know there are distribution problems with Pearl, LP, Paiste, Tama, Yamaha and more...but there certainly appears to be a resistance by owners to carry an extensive assortment anymore. And really almost no high end gear. You ask them why? "It doesn't sell anymore." So I get not having 20 Craviotto, Joyful Noise and Dunnett Snares in the store if they don't sell to your customer, but isn't it really a self-fulfilling prophecy? If you carry zero, you will sell zero. Again I go back to Frank..."there is more stupidity in the universe than hydrogen."

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Another drum fad gets thrown into the drum closet already stuffed with drumstick tape, rack/cages and drummer-specific gloves and shoes!

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Your post just lead me to purchase a flex frame, interested in trying these out. Best of luck on navigating this moving forward.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Another drum fad gets thrown into the drum closet already stuffed with drumstick tape, rack/cages and drummer-specific gloves and shoes!
40 years is not a fad.

Treviso1

DFO Star
Reaction score
I am sorry, but to refer to RIMS mounts as a fad is simply stupid. They make a huge difference in the amount of sustain and resonance coming out of a drum. There's no substitute sonically for a RIMS mount. Now, some people don't like that resonant, ballsy, low end rich tone and prefer a dead, chokey sound...I get it. No shell mounted tom mount will resonate like a RIMS mount will. Yes, some are better than others, i.e., INDe mount, but it still isn't the same sonically as a RIMS mount. Also, they can make setups a bit of a pain in the arse...I get it. All true, but to say it is a fad after 40 years of tried and true results is not true.