Ringo’s Birthday Bash

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Ringo is my biggest drumming influence. Sadly, I lost all respect for him last night.
I assume you have some antipathy towards one of the organizations he is supporting because the performances are all great.

Too bad all the cool people support cool things, right!

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
That was ... different.
Self-serving and extremely flat.
I watched it because it was Ringo.
I honestly did not like it.
The performances were all over the place. Some good. Some just awful.
It was kinda sad.
Not great.
I think ‘because’ it’s Ringo, it gets a pass.

I have a doctorate ... does that mean I am lacking emotion in my response? hahahahaha
Anyway ... that was just bad.

Nacci

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sadly, the less education people have, the more emotional their opinions are. I got that from my freshman college English teacher. Ace
Who would this be in reference to and how exactly are you privy to their degree of education Ace?

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
always a good idea to stay 6ft away from Joe Walsh
it was true in the 70s

Last edited:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
That was ... different.
Self-serving and extremely flat.
I watched it because it was Ringo.
I honestly did not like it.
The performances were all over the place. Some good. Some just awful.
It was kinda sad.
Not great.
I think ‘because’ it’s Ringo, it gets a pass.

I have a doctorate ... does that mean I am lacking emotion in my response? hahahahaha
Anyway ... that was just bad.
Who would this be in reference to and how exactly are you privy to their degree of education Ace?
I would refer to Hollywood actors to start with. The Beatles and most rock musicians didn't go to college. Like Truman Capote said about Marlon Brando. "You would have to lead him around a circular track."

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
I would refer to Hollywood actors to start with. The Beatles and most rock musicians didn't go to college. Like Truman Capote said about Marlon Brando. "You would have to lead him around a circular track."
Why did you quote me? I’m not a Hollywood actor. I actively work against that group in my profession.
I had quite a few single and album recordings and my military service completed long before I ever set foot in a University classroom.
I get the idea your generalizations don’t work with me. I’m ok with that. Not a fan of being pigeonholed.

I got no beef with you.
I didn’t like the doggone video. In my opinion, it honestly was flat and somewhat sad.

You inferred that an education had some bizarre emotional effect on the individual.
I was making a joke about that. I do that a lot ... make jokes.
I am an “educated” individual (whatever the heck that means) and my opinion is the video sucked for the reasons I outlined. I’m not emotional. Just clear with my opinion.

Until you understand who I am, leave me out if your generalizational mumbo jumbo. I say ALL if this with the respect of one drummer to another.
Thanks, buddy.

Olderschool

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I gave it about 30 minutes. As much as I am a Ringo fan.....this was...I dunno.....amateurish? But IMO...it's the same thing with all of these COVID unplugged, no band events. They all leave me flat and demonstrate that without all of the sound engineers. most aren't anything special playing wise. It proves that the songwriting and production is where the real talent is.

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
"I have a doctorate ... does that mean I am lacking emotion in my response? hahahahaha
Anyway ... that was just bad."
I was just responding to this and not with any attitude. Trying to explain my comment. You can try to understand what I meant or get into a debate, I suppose. PM me if you want a response that won't be allowed because of being political. Ace

Last edited:

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Seems like he sat behind three kits in that Vid. 1st a black something, Then another Black, something. Then majority behind a White Marine pearl with a wood hoop second floor tom...

Last edited:

Mcjnic

DFO Master
Reaction score
"I have a doctorate ... does that mean I am lacking emotion in my response? hahahahaha
Anyway ... that was just bad."
I was just responding to this and not with any attitude. Trying to explain my comment. You can try to understand what I meant or get into a debate, I suppose. PM me if you want a response that won't be allowed because of being political. Ace
All good.
My joke didn’t hit. No big deal.
My apologies to you.
No ill will and I certainly don’t view you in a negative light.
Take care.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
A really big shoe tonight , really big . I always dig watching Keltner's sleight of hand drumming . He's been on that scene long before All Things Must Pass .

Pounder

DFO Star
Reaction score
Ringo laying it down with many former All-star Band Bandmates! What's not to like? Give more love! Nice message. Ringo and friends. Lots of class. Dig it very much. Thanks for sharing! Even Willie Nelson and Paul is there. Man there were a ton of fans and older rockers there.. Several charities, plays out like a telethon a bit.. totally appropriate, I thought. Otherwise Ringo and everyone else would be out touring live gigs..

Last edited:

Rotarded

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the appreciation for the legend he is, the artists doing his songs, the heartfelt wishes, and the causes supported....BUT, that show seemed produced and played like a TIME-LIFE infomercial. Scripted and stiff as a board.