Ringo

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I thought that was a Conspiracy Theory, now you’re saying it’s true?

Conspiracy Theory; the parlor trick of the intellectually defunct when the can’t argue a position on its merits.

I do get you though, it is hard to resist when it is so effective but consider your audience?

Well, forget about video of him replicating his parts, that was a ridiculous request. Why would there be video of the worlds most iconic drummer playing his most seminal parts.

How about some video of Starkey on stage, post Beatles leading a band on his own, not his quick beat 2/4 stuff that we know he can play but, you know, some innovative, truly Ringo stamped drumming, him, a band, no other drummer, no Keltner, no Laboriel, no Jim Capaldi, no Levon Helm, no Bissonette, Just Starkey and a band.

This homework assignment is for you too Hounddog, since you’ve been running your mouth so much.
now i see why so many pro's have left this forum ....

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute, I thought that was a Conspiracy Theory, now you’re saying it’s true?

Conspiracy Theory; the parlor trick of the intellectually defunct when the can’t argue a position on its merits.

I do get you though, it is hard to resist when it is so effective but consider your audience?

Well, forget about video of him replicating his parts, that was a ridiculous request. Why would there be video of the worlds most iconic drummer playing his most seminal parts.

How about some video of Starkey on stage, post Beatles leading a band on his own, not his quick beat 2/4 stuff that we know he can play but, you know, some innovative, truly Ringo stamped drumming, him, a band, no other drummer, no Keltner, no Laboriel, no Jim Capaldi, no Levon Helm, no Bissonette, Just Starkey and a band.

This homework assignment is for you too Hounddog, since you’ve been running your mouth so much.
I’ll pass Nacci , I gave up debating fools .

Reactions: bob

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
John and Paul didn't like the fact that Richard Starkey was a one-take, maybe two-take guy. Forced Paul and John to get their $hit together before putting it to tape. Taking an eternity in the studio to lay down a song wasn't Richard's nor George's cup of tea! That was for the Monkees!

Radio King

DFO Master
Reaction score
Like this?

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
That fact of the matter is there is no video evidence of Ringo playing 95% of the post Revolver material.

This is also where we see the drumming become far more sophisticated and experimental. Diverging in style from the Rockabilly style that put Starkey on the map.

I am curious if there is another drummer out there that has reached the acclaim of Starkey that no one has seen replicate his most iconic parts.
Bernie, is that you?

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
You talk such nonsense so authoritatively.

The only thing more tiresome than a person who thinks everything is a conspiracy is one who promotes the idea that none exist.

Speaking of which, what conspiratorial idea, specifically, do you accuse me of?

That there is scant video evidence of Starkey replicating the majority of his parts post Revolver?

If you have evidence to the contrary; post it.
No! You are implying that Ringo didn’t record some of the parts he is credited with.

Last edited:

Matched Gripper

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Oh well, I’ll let you fellas have your little Ringo Starr circle jerk back.

It was fun stoping in and watching the degree of logical fallacy and sophistry some of you had to stoop to in an attempt to avoid just posting some videos of Starkey actually playing his most iconic post Revolver drum parts.

Carry on.

Whitten

Reaction score
Err I've done exactly that. I've sat in a room with McCartney for three years. I've worked numerous months with Geoff Emerick. I've worked with George Martin. I spent three years with Paul's personal assistant (who has looked after him for decades). At no time did anyone let slip, on purpose or by accident, that Ringo didn't record the drums on The Beatles records. I AM arguing my position. You are just arguing with absolutely no facts and no personal insight You keep dismissing anyone's point disputing your theory, while not accepting that high standard for yourself. You've just made up a negative about Ringo, with no evidence to support it, simple as that. If you have ANYTHING that proves he didn't play on The Beatles recordings, lets see it.
If anything is 'intellectually defunct' it's arguing about something you know NOTHING about with people who know quite a lot. A claim with zero evidence has NO MERIT.

Last edited:

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
As much as Ringo is worshipped as a drum deity around on this forum, everyone should know by now that he is above scrutiny, criticism or anything other than “we’re not worthy” from Wayne’s World. Nothing gets people riled up quicker than straying away from Ringo worship lol. He’s the topic of 27.6787% of posts around here I if I had my guess lol
10F380FE-FCB9-42E2-93FF-AF795A966D36.jpeg

Last edited:

Whitten

Reaction score
In all seriousness, anyone can criticise anyone, as long as it's not based on a made up fantasy.
If anyone has got something to say grounded in fact they can say it as far as I'm concerned.

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness, anyone can criticise anyone, as long as it's not based on a made up fantasy.
If anyone has got something to say grounded in fact they can say it as far as I'm concerned.
That’s definitely your stance but not seemingly the stance of most on here lol. Ringo is the ultimate untouchable. The deep rooted soul crush of many. An institutional drum rock on which many have built their musical soapbox altar lol. There’s drummers, there’s great drummers... and miles ahead of them is Ringo. Anyone who doesn’t acknowledge that is a filthy stinking mongrel of a person with no class, who needs to crawl into a hole and forsake drumming; and is too stupid to realize the greatness of the Ringo Starr. Kind of like a Lebron or Tom Brady uber-fanatic lol

dirtysicks

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I don’t even feel like he should be criticized. To me he was a good fit and played in one of the most well known and respected bands of all time. You don’t have to be the greatest drummer to be an all time great; or an all time favorite. To many it’s the Uber-fandom that boasts him and his playing as so good, so amazing and so “hard to play” that makes them sour up on Ringo and not so much him or his playing itself (in my opinion). To me, he’s a proficient drummer for the music he played. I truly believe that doesn’t matter if anyone played certain tracks in the studio because the parts they would’ve played weren’t some amazingly hard parts anyway, so even that doesn’t take away from Ringo’s ability or legacy as the drummer for the Beatles! It’s when people post basic clips of him (that are fine and fit the music) and act like no one can do it, that I just sit back and giggle to myself while letting the circle jerk Session continue lol.

Last edited:

JOE COOL

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
and lets also be clear ringo is not the problem, its some here who post that have a problem with ringo.
there are many threads here as there on any site that dont interest me or i dont agree with . i either dont click on them or if i do its often to only read the opening post and then i move on.
we all have our likes and dislikes, thats fine and we accept that. its only when some choose to cross a line and either get personnal or somehow think they alone know and everyone else doesnt.

example, im not a fan of charlie watts and i dont see him being a better or even equal drummer to ringo. and i feel that way about the beatles versus the stones as well .
and beyond that its not something that i think is even close. but in spite of that i would never diss either charlie his playing or his band. because i also recognize and respect their musical contributions as i do their many fans who appreciate and support them. but im of the belief its often best to just agree to disagree.

'peace and love'

Status
Not open for further replies.