Ringo's 80th Birthday - This Tuesday, July 7th!

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
5 Years ago I was in L.A. for my day job, rented a car and ran around Hollywood, it was a Tuesday so traffic wasn't bad, until after lunch or so. I had finished everything I wanted to see and decided to drive down to Santa Monica beach...on the way there I heard on the radio that Ringo was celebrating his birthday outside the Capitol records building. I had not driven that far down Vine since I had seen it a couple months before. Would have loved to have been there even if hundreds a yards away from him, ah well...won't be there for 80...Here's to 85 Ringo!

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'll be doing a "Facebook Live" this Tuesday, July 7th at 12pm ET/9am PT/5pm UK time, to celebrate Ringo's 80th Birthday.

If you're on Facebook, I hope you'll tune-in! https://www.facebook.com/john.dechristopher
Could You Please Pretty pretty Pretty Please ask him one question...from JD Amadio in Jeannette. Pa.

"ARE YOU LEFT FOOTED?" (or only left handed...)

(word it anyway you can..

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
That and ask him if he remembers the quote he gave to Modern Drummer years ago and would care to expound upon..

that " Premier I felt were too heavy, Gretsch were too fast for me, and Ludwig just seemed to be the ones I could get real good tones out of and they were good for my style of playing".....

Last edited: