RIP Bob Saget

hsosdrum

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Poop. Between Bogdonovich, Poitier, Michael Lang and now this, after only nine days 2022's sure starting off lousy.

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
65, geez...

His standup before he went into sitcoms was pretty raunchy so naturally I liked it a lot.

I remember a skit he did on stage holding a phone to his ear saying "This is Bob Saget.. No, Saget - with an S."

RIP

Yeah, 2022 is starting off sucky. Woo hoo...

owr

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I was 12 or so, my cousin and I were spending an afternoon unsupervised at Universal Studios in LA. Of course after an hour or two on the rides and such we got bored and proceeded to find an area to sneak into that was closed off to the public. We came around a corner and sitting on a bench were Bob Saget and someone else of the era (John Stamos?). This was a few years after the Full House era so we knew who they were instantly? Between being star struck and totally busted we both froze for a minute and just stared. I think at that point someone else spotted us and started yelling, we took off and those too gave us the thumbs up and had a chuckle. He was always a good guy to me because of that.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
He died in his hotel room while on tour. Sucks. Just heard him a couple of months ago on the Artie Lange Podcast.

goodcat1337

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
RIP, I was shocked when I found out back in the day that his stand up was literally the exact opposite of Danny Tanner. And honestly, I liked him even more after that. Hope there wasn't any substance abuse involved in his death, but them finding him in his hotel room doesn't sound too great.

stuart s

Reaction score
RIP, I was shocked when I found out back in the day that his stand up was literally the exact opposite of Danny Tanner. And honestly, I liked him even more after that. Hope there wasn't any substance abuse involved in his death, but them finding him in his hotel room doesn't sound too great.
Substance around him was not present is what is being reported, but substance within already will never be discussed I bet.

gmiller598

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He'd apparently spoken about having covid recently but no clue if there is any possible connection. All accounts so far seem to make it sound like a heart issue is most likely.