RIP Joe Porcaro

Bonzoholic

Helluva Nice Guy
Reaction score
From Steve Porcaros Facebook page:

The Porcaro Family is heartbroken to announce the passing of our beloved Patriarch, Joe Porcaro. Surrounded by his wife Eileen and his family, Joe passed peacefully in his sleep on July 6 at 11:37 PM
Please allow a few days before reaching out with phone calls and texts. Given the enormous amount of people who Joe considered family and whose lives Joe has impacted, it would be overwhelming to respond just now. Please know that we so appreciate your love, thoughts, friendship and can’t wait to celebrate his amazing life with all of you.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Man, this talented family has been through the ringer...

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Just now found out. I'm stunned. 90 years is a good run, though, but still. RIP Joe and thanks for giving back so much.

Elvis

The King of Rock'n'Roll
Reaction score
My condolences to Joe's friends and family.
Very sad day. =(

Jorn

Reaction score
Very sad. He’s had his share of tragedy in the family, but never the less not many have given as music to music as they have. RIP!

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
i hope some of you have been following leland sklar's excellent series of daily posts on youtube about people and songs he has been involved with in his career. he was so overcome by joe's passing that he could not speak and cut todays session very short. it was very powerful. RIP.