Reaction score
What a classic
F607FC17-E9B7-4CE6-960A-39E5C349026B.jpeg

richardh253

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NY Times once reviewed him as "Mr. Loaf"

Max Weinberg drummed on some of his records, yes?

The man deserves to be buried by the dashboard light. R.I.P.

Drdrumdude3009

DFO Master
Reaction score
Saw him on his tour where he told stories about his music. He took an acting approach to his singing. Truly an original. RIP

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
“Bat Out of Hell” came out when I was 13 and I’ve probably listened to it more than any record. It’s a near perfect melding of huge Broadway-style choruses and anthemic Springsteenian rock.
It sold 43 million copies, probably the biggest ever for a then-unknown.
Notable players on various tracks include Max Weinberg, Roy Bittan, Todd Rundgren, Kasim Sultan, Edgar Winter, Phil Rizzuto and members of New York Philharmonic and Philadelphia Orchestra.

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Just heard this am, sad to hear, great rocker and singer....and that Bat out of Hell lp
RIP Meat Loaf.

spazapproved

Reaction score
RIP... you may not like all his songs but he was a big influence in the music world and even dabbled on TV and Movies.

NobleCooleyNut

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one really hurts . I am huge fan of his music . His album Bat out of Hell would definitely be on my desert island list . I frequently listen to it on my walks . I also love his Bat out of Hell 2 album as well .

I met him at an autograph signing session in Toronto - we were told he was not to be spoken to . I gave him a drum head to sign - He laughed and gave me a wink .

spaeth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in some good Meatloaf and Bat Out Of Hell info, I love “The Great Albums Poscast”. They go into history of the band and then break down the album track by track. There are many episodes. The Meatloaf episode is one of my favorites.

snappy

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Mom loved that record (so do I).
One of the Soundtracks of my youth.
2019 five fer archive

D

DBT

My Mom loved that record (so do I).
One of the Soundtracks of my youth.
2019 five fer archive
Got to see him at one of the first shows he did for the Bat out of Hell tour at the Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel , NJ . There were so many people that had collected at the top of the stairs that didn’t have tickets they couldn’t stop the crowd from just pushing through the turn stiles . Very memorable concert. Rip .

snappy

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got to see him at one of the first shows he did for the Bat out of Hell tour at the Garden State Arts Center in Holmdel , NJ . There were so many people that had collected at the top of the stairs that didn’t have tickets they couldn’t stop the crowd from just pushing through the turn stiles . Very memorable concert. Rip .
Great story.
I imagine you have seen "The Making of Bat out of Hell".
If not, check it out.
One excerpt...

D

DBT

Great story.
I imagine you have seen "The Making of Bat out of Hell".
If not, check it out.
One excerpt...
The thing I really admired about him most was that he wasn’t a sell out . He did it on his own terms .

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
Ah hell..

The Kings Court in Pittsburgh (Oakland), PA played RHPS exclusively for a while. I can remember seeing it there and it was like a freak show. Seats were being ripped out of the floor.