Riveting my K Custom Organic Ride

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Yes and yes. But they don't sizzle like real Zildjian rivets. They are just easier to slip on and off.

As an aside, I've always had a problem trying to flare the open end of a rivet. The other day I used my Dremel with a circular disc and made a little X about 1/8" deep, and it works perfectly. I used a bottlenose plier to flare them out and it looks clean.....

View attachment 447879
Great idea, as this was the most difficult part for me too. I don't have a Dremel though, so I resorted to a chisel and hammer, and held the rivet with electrician's wire stripping pliers. Yours looks neater, but it did the trick. Don't know why Zildjian doesn't just make them this way from the factory.

GiveMeYourSmallestSticks!

Reaction score
Yeah, it sounds really good now.

How many rivets? It looks like a cluster of 3?
Yeah, I did a 3 rivet cluster, trying to emulate the way Zildjian does it on the left side ride (though I know it isn't the most popular choice around here). The sizzle is definitely more pronounced in person, as it seems my laptop mic doesn't quite pick up all the high frequencies as well as it could.

I'm in love with this cymbal now, whereas before I liked it, but it didn't really fill a specific need or purpose among my other cymbals. The dryness of the cymbal is really complimented by the rivets, and it makes a perfect and very atmospheric left side ride. Now I just have to resist drilling into more of my cymbals!

Latest posts