RM & Co. "Hot Snap" Cymbals

three-arms-malone

Reaction score
Hello! First poster here, seeking some expertise on vintage British cymbals.

The three here are an 18" and two 10" cymbals, all of which have R-M and Hot Snap stamped. From a quick search they seem to have been sold from a music shop in the UK called Rose Morris, and it looks as though they used to either make or at least put their brand on drum kits back in the day. Can't find any mentions of cymbals on their blog though.

I'm not really sure particularly what information I'm after, anything really - A rough date, whether they made them themselves or they're from a different factory... I'm just curious. The only things I can sort of deduce so far are that they were made in England (stamped on the 18"), and they're super old - I got the 18" alongside some 20's-50's Zildjians and a 1930 Premier snare, plus the centre hole on it is undersized. The two 10" ones I got in an antique shop with a load of unnamed bells.

I'll stop being wordy now. If anyone has any info on them it'd be much appreciated, if not I still have some weird sounding cymbals to use occasionally!

Attachments

Last edited:

b/o 402

Wacky old coot
Reaction score
Cool cymbals!
Could be they are related to Zyn / Super Zyn, also distributed by Rose Morris, and at least some of which were also made in England.

three-arms-malone

Reaction score
Cool cymbals!
Could be they are related to Zyn / Super Zyn, also distributed by Rose Morris, and at least some of which were also made in England.
Definitely a possibility! I may be wrong but they seem older than any of the Zyns/Supers I have, maybe could have been a precursor to them? Or from the same factory at least, I don't know if there were any other factories in this country at the time.

Regardless they are cool, very thin and trashy sounding but in a way that I quite like!

Latest posts