RMV kit sound and video ( amazing )

ludwigdrummerbr

Reaction score
I do not know where I saw someone that was wondering how the sound of a RMV drum kit was, so, I found this video of a great Brazilian drummer and the drum is a RMV , this kit is there for sale in a classifieds site in Brazil, and consists of 9x10 - 10x12( its not in the pics) - 14x14 (with legs) and 17x18.
link to video My link
View attachment 78019
View attachment 78020
View attachment 78021

Last edited by a moderator:

ps2kdrum

Reaction score
I do not know where I saw someone that was wondering how the sound of a RMV drum kit was, so, I found this video of a great Brazilian drummer and the drum is a RMV , this kit is there for sale in a classifieds site in Brazil, and consists of 9x10 - 10x12( its not in the pics) - 14x14 (with legs) and 17x18.
link to video My link
View attachment 78019
View attachment 78020
View attachment 78021
Those drums certainly sound great.. though any equivalently priced kit ( name any brand ) would probably sound as good played by a player of that ability. :icon_smile:

Last edited by a moderator:

vintagemore2000

DFO Star
Reaction score
Psk2drum,Thanks for sharing this, I agree with your assesment 100% still nice to hear the Rmv's sound wise, he was grooving his arse off!! very cool stuff!!!

jrfrond

DFO Master
Reaction score
I have to say that, what I've heard of RMV drums from when they were at NAMM, I REALLY liked. Nice heads too.

Purdie Shuffle

Quizat Haderach
Reaction score
That little 14" ft he's got on the side really sings! Love the tone on those drums. Do you know what woods they are made of? Deep, rich tones. My guess is it's going to be a really nice, clear Maple.

John

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
From what I understand the Bapeva is a little harder then rock maple,and they offered unobstructed and re ring shells.I wanted a kit and they were supposed to be available in 5 star drum shops, but my local only carried the percussion stuff,and did not seem to want to bother with ordering a kit.

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
I played and heard a lot of RMVs when I was in Brazil. The intermediate and upper lines are REALLY nice drums... I would LOVE a set.

TommyWells

Pro/Founder
Reaction score
Great clip. The drums sound good. Hard to know what they REALLY sound like from that. Toms sounded pretty un-EQ'd, but impossible to tell. The RMV drums I played at the shop here were nice. Haven't seen any for a couple of years. They must have given up on the US market, at least for now. Great sounding DRUMMER. Thanks for posting.