Robert Palmer on Letterman in 88

drawtheline55

Owner/admin
Administrator
Reaction score
Yes, thats totally musical and kicking, they sounded like they have been playing with R Palmer for yrs.

p83

DFO Master
Reaction score
4 guys live! no click, no loops, no extra players. raw, high energy ''un-fixed'' vocals. standing right in the middle of the band. loved the microphone pick-up at the beginning.

and the song was new, they did not have the advantage of hearing it for years. learn it today, play it tonight.

lamartee

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always loved the way "The World's Most Dangerous Band" sounded like they had been backing up the featured vocalist for years.
Listen to how the band starts just locks in tight on the second verse.

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Who's this band backing him in the video with Letterman? The only band I know Robert Palmer fronted was this one, the quintuplet sisters:

drummer5359

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
My current band covers "Bad case of loving you." I'm going to share this video and suggest this as another great song to cover.

langmick

Reaction score
I used to stay up partly just to watch that band, loved that show, when he got big the fun evaporated.

jaymandude

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to balance the hate. I'm a pretty big Letterman fan. I can also understand why someone might not like him, but all that stuff you are reacting to doesn;t bother me. He publicly talked about all his personal issues and faults, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say about most people..