Roc n Soc nitro question

gmiller598

Reaction score
Ok, the other Roc n' Soc thread made me think of another question I have. Is the mounting hardware that connects the base to the seat interchangeable? My first one I bought used 7-8 years ago and it easily comes off of the base. I think maybe a screw is missing on the bottom somewhere. I bought a new one this winter and I realized the connection to the base is different and holds on firmly.

Without any new drilling or screwing or otherwise, is it possible to get a new style attachment for the seat and replace it on the base?

Rich K.

DFO Star
Reaction score
If you have to drill for a new hole pattern, get some brass threaded inserts. Ace has them. It's better than just screwing into the wood. They're simple and quick to use.

Splat

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, the other Roc n' Soc thread made me think of another question I have. Is the mounting hardware that connects the base to the seat interchangeable? My first one I bought used 7-8 years ago and it easily comes off of the base. I think maybe a screw is missing on the bottom somewhere. I bought a new one this winter and I realized the connection to the base is different and holds on firmly.

Without any new drilling or screwing or otherwise, is it possible to get a new style attachment for the seat and replace it on the base?
IIRC the seat mount is slightly different. I don't know the year they switched over but I would call them and ask about actual differences. AFA insert nuts go, I like to use metal/steel instead of brass. Hex driven ones instead of flathead drivers make installation easier too. Like these from Mcmaster. Fastenal sells them in bags of 4, too.

Last edited: