roc-n-soc throne question

backtodrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have had a red Roc-n-soc stool for 10 years and the fabric still looks new, and has hardly worn at all. I invariably wear jeans when I play and the fabric has neve stained my pants or vice a versa!

Castnblast

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have a backrest on my RNS and never use it on gigs, but it sure is nice to have at rehearsals, in the studio or on a theatre job where there can be a lot of waiting.

EssKayKay

Reaction score
RnS tractor seat. Started without backrest - a week later I too order one. Love the backrest.

stevil

Reaction score
Do any of y'all have experience with the hugger-style seat? RNS is a custom order at my local shop, so I can't try before I buy .I like tractor seats generally, so I might stick with what I know. But the hugger looks interesting.

swarfrat

tympanus laqueus XV
Reaction score
I have a back rest. If I'm using the throne at the computer, I'll use it, but not playing. I have it all the way back and the back still makes me feel like it'd dumping me forward. Only gripe I have about it.

fun2drum

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a back rest. If I'm using the throne at the computer, I'll use it, but not playing. I have it all the way back and the back still makes me feel like it'd dumping me forward. Only gripe I have about it.
I agree with this. It's the only thing I didn't like but there's a modification that will fix the issue. Take the back rest out to a vehicle with a trailer hitch receiver. Stick the end of the seat rod into the receiver all the way to where it curves up. Now push down hard onto the seat back, which puts the rod in a bind right at the curve. Push until you feel it bend a little, and release. Put it back on your throne and see if it's better. Repeat if necessary until you get it the way you want it. I did this to three RnS backrests and they're just perfect now. Disclaimer: The above advice is not recommended or condoned by anyone including me. If you damage your seat, backrest, car, truck, hitch, home, anything else, or injure yourself or anyone else or animals including pets, then I am not responsible.

Latest posts