Roc n Soc

AtlantaDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a gig today. Used their house kit with their Roc N Soc throne. I’ve played there before, but it had been awhile. I realized today that, while I was playing, I was nearly as comfortable as sitting on my couch. That Roc N Soc is by far the best throne ever. I must have one.

Tornado

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I had a gig today. Used their house kit with their Roc N Soc throne. I’ve played there before, but it had been awhile. I realized today that, while I was playing, I was nearly as comfortable as sitting on my couch. That Roc N Soc is by far the best throne ever. I must have one.
Was it a nitro? The nitro is life changing.

p83

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
there is roc-n-soc and everything else. 30 years for me. don't forget the back rest.

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I have three nitros, all with backrests. One stays on my home kit, one stays at my big band rehearsal space, and one is in a bag for gigging. Great throne, and the new ones are even better than the old ones in that they're easier to break down for transport.

Redbeard77

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tall version? I've never seen one to try it out.

MasterBlaster

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I do, and I wish I didn't. It's so tall I have to keep it at the lowest position and that kills the bounce. I'm 6'2" with long legs, FTR.

doubleroll

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Have a nitro ever since my back surgery in 1999...a life saver!

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Does anyone have the tall version? I've never seen one to try it out.
I own one or did. I bought it here and did not pay attention that it was listed as tall. I’m 5”11 and even screwed all the way to the bottom I was on tiptoes. In addition the feet probably stick out another 1-1/2” to 2” on each leg to accommodate for the extra height so it is a larger footprint for sure. I ended up modifying it to both lower it and reduce the footprint. I’m thinking 6’-2” minimum for that bad boy.

zenghost

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I currently own a Roc N Soc Nitro and the highly touted SoundSeat.

Simply put, I prefer the Roc N Soc Nitro.

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
When I got my Pork Pie round throne I was debating between that and the Roc n Soc. It has the spindle instead of the hydraulic since I like to stay anchored and the bounce is distracting to me. Our guitarist likes to sit on my throne during breaks because it's so comfy, plus I always have two fans going in summer.

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
I've got a couple motorcycle seat ones & a "D" shaped one; I guess they make round ones, too. The nitro & backrests are key.........marko