Rock and Roll ending

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The correct sticking made it pretty difficult for me.

****I added a video played super slow a few posts down.

Everything except the herta are left hand lead
Excuse the ipad audio. I love the sound of the 20 inch Giant Beat. Even with the ipad recording

Last edited:

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Going to check this out when I get home from work.

The thing I've been working on this is leading the... they're not triplets but toward the end with my left hand - right after the sweeps. If I lead with my right hand there's a slight pause because the sweeps end with the right hand.

I'm almost there, I can do it on good days but it doesn't come naturally.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Going to check this out when I get home from work.

The thing I've been working on this is leading the... they're not triplets but toward the end with my left hand - right after the sweeps. If I lead with my right hand there's a slight pause because the sweeps end with the right hand.

I'm almost there, I can do it on good days but it doesn't come naturally.
I know what you mean. The sweeps actually end with the foot to complete the herta.
Then from the foot L (MT) F R (FT)... .

Last edited:

onacarom

Reaction score
The correct sticking made it pretty difficult for me.

Everything except the herta are left hand lead
Excuse the ipad audio. I love the sound of the 20 inch Giant Beat. Even with the ipad recording

Drums have always seemed a fascinating instrument to me and seeing a drummer independently wield hands and feet amazes me.
I have met good drummers over the years and they have taught me that this instrument can also be subtle and smooth.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Drums have always seemed a fascinating instrument to me and seeing a drummer independently wield hands and feet amazes me.
I have met good drummers over the years and they have taught me that this instrument can also be subtle and smooth.
Yes they can. This particular solo is not very subtle, or smooth for that matter.
Here it is played super slow. It's a good solo to know.

Squirrel Man

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yes they can. This particular solo is not very subtle, or smooth for that matter.
Here it is played super slow. It's a good solo to know.
I've seen it instructed a couple different ways and I couldn't tell how you did it because I couldn't see your feet and my ear doesn't pick up stuff all the time but the sweeps - 6 of them, the way I decided to go with, the first two end in double kicks and the next 4 end with a single.

I really need to start filming myself and posting it here, I really like constructive criticism.

Toast Tee

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've been able to play the rythem of the solo correctly for years now, but only until I watched live footage (which confirmer the L hand)
I finally compared with Bonzology, and that's what he's playing as well. He doesn't drag the 1st of the 3 notes before that finally herta though. Idk if that's that's how Bonham did that, but I liked it. Lol.
The hardest parts for me are the L hand 4 stroke ruff on snare, and remembering there are 6 hertas in the studio version.