Rockin Cheap Trick

Squirrel Man

DFO Master
Reaction score
I remember making a comment last year that I thought Bun was under-rated and I think it was Gene Z who said "not in these parts" and he was right, in a good way too.

I remember getting Live at Budokan as a cassette when I was 10 or so and being hugely influenced by all of it.

moonbabie

Reaction score
I remember seeing a music video with bun playing lefty,the majority of cheap tricks videos he plays right handed.I don’t recall what tune it was but I believe you don’t see that to often amongst drummers.

drummingbulldog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I always wondered about the lefty thing. Bun, are you ambidextrous? If so, how & why did you learn to play that way? I tried it one summer in high school. I never tried lefty again.

mattmalloy66

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I proudly display my Cheap Trick at Budokan album autographed by Bun. Just entering our teens, my buddies and I wore this out listening to it when it was released. We bought their other records too, but this was my introduction to them, and it was something special.

bellbrass

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got made fun of in high school for loving that song. I'm guessing that video was from around '88 or so. And Bun kills it on that clip.

moonbabie

Reaction score
I remember seeing a music video with bun playing lefty,the majority of cheap tricks videos he plays right handed.I don’t recall what tune it was but I believe you don’t see that to often amongst drummers.
ok the vid was ghost town (official video) that was played lefty.I had a inkling when I noticed his snare hand moves in 16th’s occasionally when playing righty.

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
For me, C.T. is right up there with the best.
What a GREAT performer embodies is a signature sound. Bun has consistantly played Ludwig, has a feel generated by being a lefty playing righty and his playing showcases the songs he plays and the other members he plays with.
When you take a look at some of the greats like Watts, Ringo and others that pioneered
Modern music, they all had these charachteristics.
Young drummers would do well to study these guys successes. Its not rocket science.