Roger 5 Piece "Tower" kit?

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enlarging the one cymbal photo you posted......I'd lean towards those being 1950's Zildjians by the somewhat weak and intermittent lathing.

Yeah, no Towers to be seen there. You got the "big boyz."

rstange1

Reaction score
Wow, what a wonderful find! Great drums and the wrap is period-perfect. Hardware and cymbals are icing on the cake. If these were coming my way, waiting for the border to open would be like waiting for Christmas when I was five. :reindeer: So exciting!

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
Enlarging the one cymbal photo you posted......I'd lean towards those being 1950's Zildjians by the somewhat weak and intermittent lathing.

Yeah, no Towers to be seen there. You got the "big boyz."
Wow, that would be amazing. Thank you so much for your input. I cant wait to get them but I guess I have to! haha

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
Yowza that’s a nice kit! Congratulations! I’m excited to take them apart and clean/Polish them and they’re not even mine. : ) Enjoy and please post w/pictures when all done.
I feel the same! Hopefully the border will open sooner than later, I will def post more pics once they are here and cleaned up. Thank you.

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
Wow, what a wonderful find! Great drums and the wrap is period-perfect. Hardware and cymbals are icing on the cake. If these were coming my way, waiting for the border to open would be like waiting for Christmas when I was five. :reindeer: So exciting!
It is for me as well, and I also have a 60's Round Badge kit with the same friend that I had bought last year about a week before the shutdown! So now I have two drum kits to bring home. haha. Thank you very much!

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
That snare drum likely has a TOWER badge inside, which is probably where the reference came from.
Excellent set! I'm jealous!
Oh, I never though of that. Thank so much. I will try to get a pic of the label and see. I am certainly happy to have it. Thanks for the tip!

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
Stu says in post #3

yet the pics in this thread weren't yet posted until post #4

I wondered how post #3 got ahead of post #4
I think I responded to the wrong message at first. I was told they were "Tower" but after the double lug pic it seems I was told incorrectly by the seller. I'm not sure. I am confused now though! haha

J.D.hughes

Reaction score
I agree! But now since all the great info I got from this post I am chomping at the bit! Thanks so much again everyone, you all really made my day.