Rogers 6.5x14 Steel Superten

dexplosion

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a script badge Rogers 6.5x14 COS Superten?

I'm thinking about letting go my script badge 6.5x14 COB Dynasonic, but only if I could replace it with a Superten, and I'm trying to see where they're hiding.

"Marco"

Hindadoon

Pro
Reaction score
I have one that I might consider letting go of for the right price. Its in excellent condition. Let me know and I''ll grab some photos for you.

Paul

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
Super Tens are great if you want incredible attack and projection. They also have great snare sensitivity. The secret is in the heavy steel shell and the specs of the Rogers snare beds.

I've told this story before, but it bears repeating. A drummer friend was at my house fooling with my various snare drums. A Ludwig Supra, an old COB Gretsch, a couple of custom maple shell snares, and the Super Ten.

I was at the other end of the house when he was playing them, and they all sounded good, but when he hit that Super Ten, I came running and said, "Which snare was that?" That sucker projected all the way across my house, and the sound was killing. It ate all my other snares for lunch.

dexplosion

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I've been rethinking my drum situation, and I'm thinking what I really want in a brass snare is something phat - maybe an Oriollo shell in 7x14 with 16 lugs.

Plus I think a Superten would suit the hard hitting Bonham vibe I go for with my 9/72 Rogers kit better than the Dynasonic.

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Having read Rondrums' story before, I worry that a steel Superten would be too much drum for the venues I play. In 6.5" size, I have a COB Powertone, a wood Powertone, a wood Superten, and the Gina Schock one-off "coliseum" Superten. I've gigged all of these drums and they are too loud in most circumstances! :)

i generally stick to 5" wood Powertones, and, recently, a 6 lug Luxor for the smallest/quietest venues.

And, interestingly, I have a 20 lug Gretsch Renown that is so damped with all that hardware it is not too much drum for the medium size rooms.

empire drum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a script badge Rogers 6.5x14 COS Superten?

I'm thinking about letting go my script badge 6.5x14 COB Dynasonic, but only if I could replace it with a Superten, and I'm trying to see where they're hiding.

"Marco"
I’ve got a really nice one if you are still looking. It has a script badge and a big R badge. LMK.

Latest posts