Rogers aluminum snares?

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did Rogers ever make an aluminum snare, something to compete with the Acrolite and similar from Slingerland and Gretsch?

I don't believe I've ever seen one. Seems like they weren't really in the "lower-end" game.

Just curious.

Thanks!

Bijan

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are some aluminum PowerTones out there but they never made an official aluminum snare.

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There are some aluminum PowerTones out there but they never made an official aluminum snare.
Wow. Really? I thought conventional wisdom was that any and all metal Powertones were brass.

charlesm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for calling this to my attention! The "insert link" option is being finicky. I had to try it again two times! Finally worked!

-Mark
Thanks a lot. Very interesting! Obviously, the aluminum, if it is that, was a one- or two-off oddity. Never regular production. Cool drum!

GrandpaCleve

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A parts monger got his hands on this one and took it down to the shell with script and grommet still attached. I found a drum from the same era and took the hardware. There are some non nonsensical numbers etched into the shell. Both drums are from the early Dayton era. Weight difference was 1.55 on a ups scale.

Attachments

Latest posts