Rogers b&b bass drum lugs replacements

Chopsnbops

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m a new member here however I have looked through this forum for many years because it really is a great resource. But now I’ve come across a issue that I can’t find a answer on, so I decided to make a account and bother y’all

I just bought a old Rogers tower model bass drum. The type with the center mounted bread and butter lugs. Like a ludwig club date or gretsch playboy model lug configuration. The drum is in great shape but some of the lugs are cracking and I really want to replace them before it gets worse

My question is, will the new diecast Rogers b&b lugs made by the revamped Rogers company work on a bass drum or will they only work on the snares? I can’t tell if the bass drum lugs need to be taller off the shell or not than the snare lugs or if they are the same dimensions? And if they won’t work, what are my options for replacing the lugs? It’s a players drum so I’m not worried about having unoriginal lugs, as long as I don’t have to drill or alter the shell. So if anyone could educate me on this I’d really appreciate it

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
You'll find a lot of threads on the subject using the Search tool. There's various repair methods
The new lugs are the smaller model for the snare, you need the large. Here's a link to some awesome lugs although it looks like he's not making them at the moment.

Chopsnbops

Reaction score
You'll find a lot of threads on the subject using the Search tool. There's various repair methods
The new lugs are the smaller model for the snare, you need the large. Here's a link to some awesome lugs although it looks like he's not making them at the moment.
Wow thanks for the advice those reproductions look amazing. I’ll contact him and see if and when he’ll be making them again

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow thanks for the advice those reproductions look amazing. I’ll contact him and see if and when he’ll be making them again
I outfitted an entire kit with Jp’s. Beautiful as well as indestructible.
He typically waits until he has a decent sized amount which would make it worthwhile. Good dude too.

covinasurf

Reaction score
Now, now lets not be too harsh on JP. I find him to be quite helpful.
Here’s the ‘65 Slingerland Artist he helped me with. Rebuilt Zoomatic strainer, new muffler and he straightened the snare butt. Not period correct but it’s a players drum

. 4B98A2DD-3ADC-47BB-B287-BD1FC5965761.jpeg

JH

DolFan54

Camco Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need double ended lugs for center mounted lugs. JPetty, Barton, Dixon are all single ended lugs and won't work for what you need.