Rogers Butcher Block 7-piece circa 1972

flatwins

Reaction score
The core of the set is Fullerton era though the concert toms have Memrilock fittings. I couldn’t zoom into the picture to determine the mounting brackets on the 12/13 toms but it looks like they may have been replaced at some point. I’m assuming the 8/10 concert toms have the “Big R” badge?

flatwins

Reaction score
Ah- I see the post mount on the bass has been switched out to Ludwig. Figured out how to zoom in. The extra holes in the toms will definitely have an affect on value. The majority of Rogers collectors gravitate to the Ohio drums since they view the California drums as those of the enemy (CBS), at least until the Big R/Memrilock/XP-8 era.

Last edited:

Webmindset

Reaction score
Ah- I see the post mount on the bass has been switched out to Ludwig. Figured out how to zoom in. The extra holes in the toms will definitely have an affect on value. The majority of Rogers collectors gravitate to the Ohio drums since they view the California drums as those of the enemy (CBS), at least until the Big R/Memrilock/XP-8 era.
That’s really cool that you know that! I’m going to sell them either way, but want to make sure I don’t ask too much or too little.

flatwins

Reaction score
There’s some hardcore Rogers groups out there, especially on Facebook. They’d be able to tell you quite a bit about your drums.

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Butcher Block typically sell for as much as other wraps. The added tom mount is a Ludwig Standard. I see a Rogers hi hat stand that has value. Most Rogers hardware is of value. The 8 and 10, if in very good to excellent condition with a stand might fetch as much as the 12/13/16/22. The snare does not appear as a Rogers, at least a Dyna, SuperTen or Powertone. Can’t really tell. Pearl? General answer is condition, market, consumer sentiment, luck, etc all have influence on price. Without more info an estimate is challenging. $800-1k perhaps.

Tama CW

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are lots of similar Rogers kits out there on the market or recently sold. You can search on Reverb or Ebay for current "Rogers drum set" listings from the 1970's. On either site you can search for sold/completed listings
as well to hone in on actual selling prices. Facebook (<500 miles) and your local Craigslist (<200 miles) are other sources for pricing info.

Webmindset

Reaction score
Thank you all. This is kick ass.
the 8 and 10 inch concert toms are birch inside, not grey. I’ll post another shot with all the Rogers hardware I have.
Y’all have eagle eyes. That’s a Pearl snare and Ludwig center post.
I’m heavy handed and couldn’t get that Rogers mount to hold the mounted toms static during a 4-set night.