Rogers Concert Toms?

Ounce of Pain

Reaction score
Picked these up with a Ludwig Rocker kit. Stand and mounts are definitely Rogers, but the lugs are Ludwig. Posted them for sale as Rogers but getting a few comments that they're not! So... what are they? No sign of additional holes on the insides. TIA.

Attachments

drumsforme

Reaction score
Had a late 70's Big R- Rogers kit with concert toms (sold it in 2007). The metal-Foil strip on the bottoms of those shells did not remotely look like what you have here. I'm thinking someone installed the Big R mounting system here later on.

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
Seems to me someone customized those drums, to use them with the Ludwig kit. The flat bottom edge looks like Rogers shells. Those were painted black inside, but they look like Rogers to me. That tape on the bottom is pinstripe tape from the autoparts store. Not like the original, but from 10 feet away it looks good. The original tape was easily damaged, and was probably replaced with what is on there now. The hardware looks all correct, except the lugs and hoops.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Seems to me someone customized those drums, to use them with the Ludwig kit. The flat bottom edge looks like Rogers shells. Those were painted black inside, but they look like Rogers to me. That tape on the bottom is pinstripe tape from the autoparts store. Not like the original, but from 10 feet away it looks good. The original tape was easily damaged, and was probably replaced with what is on there now. The hardware looks all correct, except the lugs and hoops.
Do Rogers and Ludwig lugs share the same hole spacing?

Latest posts