Rogers Guru's PLease

microswitch

Reaction score
Restoring my Holiday I have decide to remove the center tom post and use instead the left Tom Mount bracket.
Need to find out if the bracket is a 60 or 75 deg. and where is located in reference to edge distance etc.
Making this a Buddy Rich kit so I want to be as close to time/period correct as possible.

Attachments

Davo

Reaction score
Altering that drum and adding the extra mount will only devalue the drum . It's worth the most in its original factory configuration .
Sell and buy what you want . I personally love the Londoner configuration .
If those are Fullerton drums with the cortex wrap in the rare maple finish , I wish mine were that color . I have the more common New Mohogany finish .
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Chopsnbops

Reaction score
I have a 22x14 tower model bass drum that has the side mount that you’re talking about. I’m not sure if it’s positioned exactly the same as the holiday outfits, but I could measure and take photos if you’d like

jccabinets

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Altering that drum and adding the extra mount will only devalue the drum . It's worth the most in its original factory configuration .
If those are Fullerton drums with the cortex wrap in the rare maple finish , I wish mine were that color . I have the more common New Mohogany finish . View attachment 495105
So, the cortex wrap in maple is rare? I have a 24" bass drum with that wrap and I was going to strip it off and paint the drum blue to match my kit. The drum does have a lot of holes.

Davo

Reaction score
So, the cortex wrap in maple is rare? I have a 24" bass drum with that wrap and I was going to strip it off and paint the drum blue to match my kit. The drum does have a lot of holes.
Yeah . The KOA and the New Mohogany are far more common , along with the Butcher Block , Ebony Black and the New England White . To me the Maple is most desirable , but also rarely seen .

microswitch

Reaction score
If those are Fullerton drums with the cortex wrap in the rare maple finish , I wish mine were that color . I have the more common New Mohogany finish . View attachment 495105
Davo;

What you see in my picture is just a bare kit. I removed the white cortex ( was basically cracked all over) and sanded down to remove the glue. Also the toms were "Concert Tom's . ( you could see the hole plugged from the original mount) This is not a Collection kit and I have no intention to sell it. This kit is a Lost Child dream, when I would go to the Music store in my Hometown in Italy and looked at this White Pearl Rogers in the window. I promised myself that one day I would own one kit just like it.
I have owned and played different kit since then, including a Piano Black Londoner a Luddy thermo-gloss, even a Tama , now it is time to make my dream come true.
This kit is all orphans, carefully restored, bearing edges cut, interior granitone repainted and everything time period correct.
So I'm not worried about loosing value. To me this kit will have all the value in the world. It will be left to my grandkid.

Reactions: JDA

microswitch

Reaction score
I have a 22x14 tower model bass drum that has the side mount that you’re talking about. I’m not sure if it’s positioned exactly the same as the holiday outfits, but I could measure and take photos if you’d like
I would be very grateful if you could that. ..