Rogers Help...

Tilter

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not a vintage guy, but I'm intrigued here. Reverb listing, zero info in the description, waiting to message the seller until I can get some feedback here.

Rogers Fullerton, looks like 22, 12, 16 - they were built in September '72 (my birth month and year) and my first kit was a Rogers, so these are speaking to me.

I'd love some input from those more knowledgeable than I on condition, price, shell layup/tone, general info on this era of Rogers.

Thanks!

drumtimejohn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
These are not actually from 9/72. Rogers used three different 9/72 tags from ‘72-75. In my opinion the set should be listed as poor to fair condition rather than VG. Just to note a few items, the shells have different year tags, ft is missing the muffler, grommet, and badge. Rewrap? BD has internal cracks, likely poor bearing edge, hundreds in missing parts, etc. Sizes aren’t listed and it’s missing a tom. Of course I’m bias because I have a Rogers Fullerton listed in the For Sale section for $899. PM as needed and consider using my Reverb ad as a reference of good standard.

Last edited:

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Concerning the 9/72 tags, I noticed the same thing that drumtimejohn noticed. Here's info on how to decipher the various 9/72 tags...

1972 – Serial # underlined with no prefix
1973 - letter "A" followed by serial #
1974 - letter "B" followed by serial #
1975 – Serial #, no underline or prefix

And, yes, this kit has way too many issues that will cost quite a bit to correct! I also just checked out the Reverb listing and find it to be an excellent example of a Fullerton 9/72 kit. In my opinion, the Londoner was one of the most popular kits available. The other two popular configurations would be the Headliner (12/16/20) and Celebrity (13/16/22). The only parts needed for the Reverb kit would be the rubber tips for the floor tom legs! While the die-cast collet noses are prone to cracking, machined after-market noses are available.

-Mark

amosguy

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the bass drum lug is a clip style instead of internal spring style, which I believe came with the change to Memriloc hardware after 9/72 tags.

Guzowskip

Reaction score
I'm not a vintage guy, but I'm intrigued here. Reverb listing, zero info in the description, waiting to message the seller until I can get some feedback here.

Rogers Fullerton, looks like 22, 12, 16 - they were built in September '72 (my birth month and year) and my first kit was a Rogers, so these are speaking to me.

I'd love some input from those more knowledgeable than I on condition, price, shell layup/tone, general info on this era of Rogers.

Thanks!

About to put my fully restored 1969 early,early Fullerton kit... Londoner (13, 13, 16, 22, COB 5.5x14 Powertone) on Reverb. Black Strata Pearl...

Attachments