Rogers Metal Snare

captact

Reaction score
I have a Rogers Powertone. Metal, 5.5X14, Cleveland, Serial 12426. Using a magnet, I discovered the rims were attracted, but the shell isn't. Can anyone help on what the shell is made of?
Thanks,
Wayne

captact

Reaction score
Thanks............ That's what I thought and just wanted to confirm. Thanks for the correction on the sizing too. It's really a sweet little snare.
Wayne

captact

Reaction score
Since I seem to have tapped into the expertise of some knowledgeable players, what do you think is a good head combo and snares for this Powertone. I really haven't used this snare for quite awhile and think I will clean it up, (it is in good shape. very few scratches and no pitting), and bring it out of mothballs. I'm a average to harder hitter and I like a warmer fat sound with a good crack. As it is now, it has a Evans Genera Dry/ Hazy 300 and big 42 generic snares. It had a 20 PS Blaster on it, but I robbed it for another drum and just stuck the 42 on it. Don't think I ever used it with the 42.
Anyway, any suggestions??

Thanks,
Wayne

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
To me, a Powertone sounds best with Ambassadors on it, or the equivalent Aquarian heads. The basic 20-strand snares from Puresound, or even generics, usually work fine.
This drum can be cranked up to give a nice 'pop'...

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
I had a Pwertone and it always sounded best with the coated ambassador, Amb.snare side combination. Landed up using a Premier "mazac"(????) hoop on top and the regular Rogers on the bottom and a ludwig wire set with the plastic butts. That drum was the most responsive snare I've ever owned at any tuning.Also the loudest.Don't EVER LET IT GO.I've got to go tears are shorting out my keyboard...

Latest posts