Rogers Reissue Blue Onyx. Does it match the vintage?

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thinking of buying a new dyna to match my Cleveland blue onyx and can use your feedback. Also, I see some listings have a light or dark shade of blue. Did the reissue color change or is it just an inconsistent photo representation?

I think my set has the original wrap and will accept feedback on that too. Also, are the Cleveland wraps as susceptible to cracking as the Fullerton?

Thanks!
1575309368219.jpeg

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
I think imho
It’s the rarity more than the sound
That makes them very unique

Others will disagree

but my guess is the new wraps and adhesion have come so far in 55 years that it would be at least as durable as the past if not better
but then I’d say might as well by the real McCoy

Last edited:

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I still wondering about the wrap color match between old and new.

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
They all can crack as they dry out in time some do some don't. Have had Fullertons with no cracks and Clev and Daytons with so......
The darker blue will probably match your kit best whick looks to be original. A photo or sample of the newer wraps could help the decision

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
They all can crack as they dry out in time some do some don't. Have had Fullertons with no cracks and Clev and Daytons with so......
The darker blue will probably match your kit best whick looks to be original. A photo or sample of the newer wraps could help the decision
Thanks for writing. Your feedback is helpful. Here are additional pics of the set. The wrap is free of cracks and it is good to hear it is original. As you may have seen, the reissue wrap color by Rogers appears in different shades online so it’s confusing to assess match quality. Again, I’m guessing it’s a photo problem and assume most of the wraps are nearly the same shade.
1575386915276.jpeg

Attachments

SaranacJack

Reaction score
I asked the same question before buying mine and the shop I purchased from was kind enough to take an outdoor shot of a 13” Dayton era tom with the new 6.5” dyna. Matches very well in my opinion and sounds fantastic!

That said, the fade on your wrap could certainly be different, I've found it's a very close match to my Cleveland and Dayton blue onyx wraps.

Attachments

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I asked the same question before buying mine and the shop I purchased from was kind enough to take an outdoor shot of a 13” Dayton era tom with the new 6.5” dyna. Matches very well in my opinion and sounds fantastic!

That said, the fade on your wrap could certainly be different, I've found it's a very close match to my Cleveland and Dayton blue onyx wraps.
Excellent! Thank you!

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
“C” is for cookie and that’s good enough for me! And I trust the sound will bring more joy than the color match.
Thanks everyone!
1575939890257.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts