Rogers restoration is completed

JDZ

Asst. Manager, rhythm section
Reaction score
I took my time and finally finished up this project. Here is the original thread: https://www.drumforum.org/threads/new-rogers-acquisition.161048/

I replaced all the generic lugs on the floor tom. All of the B+B lugs were removed on the kit and were reinforced. Only 1 peanut lug during the process of removal was broken at the tab and Gary (grampacleve) was nice enough to send me a couple. The 3 shells were then buffed with a hand held, high speed auto buffer with Dupont #7 red, followed by white.

Beside polishing the chrome, that was about it. They were in pretty good condition when I got them. I haven't tuned them up yet but have no worries that they can be tuned for my use.

The 1st pic is from the craigslist ad.

Dave
00K0K_emfrTXfyBTA_1200x900.jpg
P1020864.JPG
P1020858.JPG
P1020859.JPG
P1020858.JPG

Attachments

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Wow! White Marine Pearl dazzles again!

That is a beautiful kit, my friend, just glorious.

By the way, did you get to keep the original bass drum pillow in the first pic? ;)

GeeDeeEmm

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Well done, JDZ! I had followed your original post and glad you brought this kit back to life. I'm currently in the process of restoring a 1976 Big R kit for a new member over at VDF. Belonged to her brother who recently passed away. Just trying to clean them up so she can get a good price for them. Lots of work in bringing drums back to life...especially when they've been neglected!

-Mark

marko52

Piper At the Gates of Dawn
Reaction score
Nice goin'! Looks great! They really are white. Would like to play around with the bass muffler--looks pretty cool. Enjoy.........marko

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Can you shed some detail on how you reinforced the B&B lugs?

SwivoNut

DFO Master
Reaction score
Beautiful set. Great job. What is that on the top of the bass drum just to the left of the Rogers script badge?

JDZ

Reaction score
Beautiful set. Great job. What is that on the top of the bass drum just to the left of the Rogers script badge?
That is the wing nut that activated the internal tone control. See the original post above for additional pics.

JDZ

Reaction score
Thanks for letting me indulge, guys. Also thanks for the positive responses.

Re the pillow: That was a huge comforter inside the bass drum. I have no idea why that would be needed with the tone control.
Re the lug reinforcement: I just did a quick job on them. I ultrasonically cleaned the lugs to make sure the insides were clean and then applied JB weld with the springs and lug nuts out. I don't plan on gigging the kit much and think they will hold.

Dave Z

Latest posts