Rogers script badge pins.

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Ok Rogers guys,
I have wondered for YEARS why oh why with the great engineers they obviously had access to they couldn't come up with a better way to mount a script badge than with 3 brads bent over inside the shell.
I'm starting to think the speckled interior paint was used to camoflage that embarrassment.
Any insight or reason for this???

Houndog

DFO Master
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect they never imagined the badges would ever need to be removed….
But yeah , when I got some Rogers drums it really surprised me …..

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the Cleve and Dayton tags were placed over the bent nails concealing them entirely. The small nail heads are virtually invisible on the outside of the badge. I say it was the right choice. The new Rogers script logo’s use screws they look hideous !

poco rit.

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Youre so right. Its does look pretty crude on the inside. Sometimes digging into the shell a bit. But i cant think of another way to mount that sort of badge, without taking away from the elegant look of the script badge itself.

The brads look better than screws imo. Just look at this atrocity..

Attachments

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be all that to produce a badge that has studs on the back that could be tapped with a tiny self tapper screwed in from the inside of the shell. Wouldn’t be visible at all.

Skinsmannn

Reaction score
Youre so right. Its does look pretty crude on the inside. Sometimes digging into the shell a bit. But i cant think of another way to mount that sort of badge, without taking away from the elegant look of the script badge itself.

The brads look better than screws imo. Just look at this atrocity..
that’s just wrong on so many levels