Rogers snare head I.D.?

Malc

Reaction score
Hi all, Can anyone please identify the specific model of Rogers this head is?
It's a 14" with a reverse dot, but my search so far hasn't led me anywhere.
The reason for asking, I'd love to find another as it suits the 10 lug steel snare it's currently on.
Thanks all
IMG_20211022_121604212.jpg

jptrickster

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The black dot looks homemade at best to me. Rogers never made a coated black dot head. You might have seen a Clear black dot head on the Big R drums of the 70's-80's with a Rogers logo on it , that would be the only model.

Malc

Reaction score
The black dot looks homemade at best to me. Rogers never made a coated black dot head. You might have seen a Clear black dot head on the Big R drums of the 70's-80's with a Rogers logo on it , that would be the only model.
Many thanks for the reply
The closest I can find appears to be described as a big R Rogers coated head. Any thoughts on what modern heads are similar spec?

DanC

"Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on"
Reaction score
Somewhere in Florida, behind a Rogers kit
All those Rogers heads were made by Remo and they were the same as the equivalent Remo models. The only black-dot heads that came on Rogers were clear w/dot. The coated heads were just Ambassadors, (some Diplomats in the early days).

That head apparently had the dot added underneath. The dot might have been peeled off another head, or, there were dots available as an accessory at one time.

Malc

Reaction score
Thanks again. That makes sense as I've got an Ambassador on a different snare which has a similar feel.
As suggested, I'm going to try a controlled sound X next.