Rogers Super 10 Question

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I just bought this snare... it has no logos on the heads... what does this mean.
Also, there is a small dent in the bottom hoop...should I be concerned about that.

Thank you

amosguy

DFO Master
Reaction score
NO logos means replacement heads. They are like tires. They wear out and get replaced.

His statement about Dynasonic sound is off base. The Superten is a steel shell. The Dynasonic is a brass shell.

Small dent likely not an issue. Only if it is in the way of tuning edges of the shell.

rondrums51

rondrums51
Reaction score
He advertised it as a Super Ten, but he mentioned the Dynasonic sound, which is bullshit. Dynasonic was an entirely different drum with a brass shell.

In my opinion, the Super Ten was the best steel shell snare ever made. If you want volume and projection, you will love this drum. It also has great snare sensitivity, but the main thing is its balls. It just kills!

Rock players love Super Tens because of the incredible rim shot. But I used mine on jazz gigs. I wasn't hitting hard, but every little left hand note was super audible, right out to the audience.

Last edited:

tommykat1

DFO Master
Reaction score
If you click on the link to go back to the original item before sale, it's a Superten. If that beat up Dyna without the snare frame selling for a ridiculously high price is some kind of bait-and-switch, then that's a new one on me in regards to eBay...

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If you click on the link to go back to the original item before sale, it's a Superten. If that beat up Dyna without the snare frame selling for a ridiculously high price is some kind of bait-and-switch, then that's a new one on me in regards to eBay...
I noticed this months ago when I would look for "sold" items and it would not be the what I was looking for. It took me awhile to note that you have to click the "see original item" link. Doesn't work like this for every sold item, so you just have to be aware of what you're clicking. Can get confusing, but it's not really a "bait and switch" issue, only just the way the new software operates.

-Mark

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Notice it has the Script logo also with the Big R. Most of those Supertens are transition shells. You should have paid about $250.00 though. Ace

kenshireen1

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Notice it has the Script logo also with the Big R. Most of those Supertens are transition shells. You should have paid about $250.00 though. Ace
but it is the same shell as the super 10 with the oval badge correct?

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
Did they ever make a script-era, wooden Super-Ten - a custom one-off, maybe - prior to the later XP8/XP10 series?

I have a 1967 black 5" Dynasonic, and it sounds great, but sometimes I wish it was simpler. (I also have a matching Tower).

dave drew

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

I just bought this snare... it has no logos on the heads... what does this mean.
Also, there is a small dent in the bottom hoop...should I be concerned about that.

Thank you

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't know, but this seller had a recent "Jazz Fest" that looked wrong. After a few questions, he came back and disclosed that he had CUT DOWN a shell and made the Jazz Fest. I think he was asking $400 but for that a "frankenstein" drum, it was not worth it. Hence his handle - he mods drums and makes them "custom" but he claimed he could not change the ad description.....I didn't buy from him.

A super 10 has an oval Super 10 badge and is not COB, it's COS. I don't know much else about them. Also, I didn't think they had Big R & script logos on the same drum but I am new to Rogers......

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
I don't know, but this seller had a recent "Jazz Fest" that looked wrong. After a few questions, he came back and disclosed that he had CUT DOWN a shell and made the Jazz Fest. I think he was asking $400 but for that a "frankenstein" drum, it was not worth it. Hence his handle - he mods drums and makes them "custom" but he claimed he could not change the ad description.....I didn't buy from him.

A super 10 has an oval Super 10 badge and is not COB, it's COS. I don't know much else about them. Also, I didn't think they had Big R & script logos on the same drum but I am new to Rogers......

We call them transition drums. I have a Dyna that is Big R but has the Script Logo "Rogers" on it also. Had a Superten the same. You won't see a Big R badge and an oval badge or a paper tag on the inside of the shell on the same drum though. Ace

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
the script badge this late in the Big R run seems odd to me. I'll let the Rogers experts figure it out. My 1976 Big R Dyna only has the Big R badge.

The serial number on the OP's drum (D 972232) equates to 1981/early 1982 per the Big R dating guide by Jack McFeeters. See link below. Were Rogers scripts still around then?

Link to BigR dating guide - second link in first post

Seller has a Big R Dyna for sale as well. No problem with good, name brand heads on that drum.

Last edited:

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
All of the COS Supertens that I have seen have both logos. They just didn't sell near as many as Dynas. Rogers used the shells that they still had. Ace

Latest posts