Rogers swan leg snare stand...Need some help.

pstone

Reaction score
I came across this Rogers swan leg snare stand a few weeks ago. My question for any Rogers players out there is: What Is It?
I know it's a 1960's swan leg stand, but that's all I know. Could be a Giant, Swivomatic, Stay Tite or something like that.
Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to misrepresent it if I sell it.
Thanks.
pstone

Attachments

mellotron

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Given the collar that tightens the upright tube, It looks like a late 1960's- early 1970's Giant to me. I think the earlier ones have more of a contour to them and the later ones are more squared off like the one in the picture. I could be wrong, though.

Rogersoholic

DFO Master
Reaction score
Yes Hindadoon nailed it! The giant can be determined by the size of barrel for the basket adjustment. Its about 1 1/2" in dia and it opens up to accommodate a 15" dia snare. The smaller 3/4" barrel one, is a "stay tite" model. The shaft dia. for the support too is a dead give away. The Giant is nearly twice as large. The last of the swivo era was the Supreme II barely showing any signs of an actual swan legs.

Attachments

pstone

Reaction score
What's the going price for the stand that I have?

H

hindadoon

Cleaned up and presented well, I think a bit more. This one has everything there...Even the thumb screw that angles the basket which is usually broken and missing. Also, the Rogers sticker is still on the stand. Thats always a + . Good Luck.

H

hindadoon

pstone said:
It is the same, but yours looks to be in better shape. Thats why I felt it would command more money.

Note the thumb screw that I was referring to in the link you included. It should not have a nut at the end, that was not factory. Most of those pieces (not sure what its called) that the thumbscrew screws into to tighten, usually stripped out. That seller neglected to mention that that was not a factory part. At any rate, present it right and you should do Ok.