Rogers swivomatic hi hat spring removal

Talktotommy

Reaction score
The spring tension bolt on the bottom of the stand is not working. I pulled the spring back and can see there is no nut on it inside the spring. I’ve disconnected what I could but from what I can figure the only way to remove the spring is up through the top section which would mean I have to remove that T-bar where the pedal connects. Just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the spring section from the stand.
9946705E-D0BE-4611-B157-57D84DB2516B.jpeg

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Hi T_t_tommy!

There is a small hole in the tube that allows access to the hex allen setscrew in that metal shaft. Unfortunately, these early style Swivo stands, with the rubber stop riveted on, don't allow access to this hole! Your only real choice is to drill out the rivet to be able to remove the rubber stop ring. Sad, but true! You really don't need that rubber ring, which only comes into play when the pedal isn't being used and is in the full "up" position. You can always install a small screw and nut in place of the rivet!

Here's a picture of one of my Swivo hats without the stop, where you can see the access hole. You just move the rod down to that hole and you can see the screw. There are times when there's a lot of gunk in there and makes it tough to see the screw, but it's there! I also found it easier to do this with the foot board still attached.

Attachments

Talktotommy

Reaction score
I pulled off that rubber bumper section but my Stand has no access hole as yours shows in the picture. I already removed an Allen screw from the top of the t- bar that sits on top of the spring but even if I’m able to unscrew the lower rod I still don’t see any way to get that t-bar section that sits on the top out of the spring unless the T section needs to be hammered out I just don’t wanna break it
C2D3DD2E-296F-4B12-8257-7763CA59518C.jpeg