Rokton/Formanta UDS

Iristone

Reaction score
Hi all,
I've seen a Rokton (aka Formanta UDS) e-kit in good condition for sale on eBay. I've always wanted a set of analogue electronic drums to play synth textures, etc., and this seems a great way to realize my dream!
This is an analogue drum synthesizer made in the Soviet Union. Not to be confused with the 2-channel Lell UDS, this kit has 5 drum pads (a kick, a snare, 3 toms, though the channels seem interchangeable), a hi-hat and a cymbal. It can be played with sticks or with an internal sequencer (not sure if programmable).
There's a great website called Ruskeys.net (the webadmin seems to be Russian so the English could be a bit better, but a great website nonetheless) with information and sound samples of different Soviet electronic music instruments, including this Rokton. The drum pads sound like normal Simmonses, but the cymbals are more TR-808ish, which means they are leaps and bounds more usable than the SDS-V ones to me. A plus is that it's 220V/50Hz, so I can use it in my country (mainland China) without the need of a transformer. :thumbup:
Maybe I should grab it quickly, or maybe some of you can take a look at it. :wink:
eBay Formanta Rokton UDS