Roland FD-8 hi hat pedal problem

Gary

DFO Master
Reaction score
The pad responds to open and close sounds controlled by the pedal so I can get the quick close effect out of the pad. However, the big problem is that I cannot hear the chick sound. If I really dig in I am getting a very faint double chick sound. But that is not suitable for playing. Any ideas if there is some hardware issue that I can address. Or do they just wear out sometimes and I need to buy a new one.

Luddite

Mostly intentional comic relief
Reaction score
Go to the V-drums forum and search for the FD-8. There's all kinds of good information on issues with that pedal. I got aggravated enough with mine and the earlier model that I replaced it with that I wound up getting a set of GEN16 cymbals that I'm playing acoustically. The hi-hats have always been the Achille's heel of my setup. Great to be playing acoustic hats again, even if they're pretty quiet.

drumdrumman

Reaction score
Contact Roland.. There is a part which is faulty... I had the same Issue.. I had a free part replaced.. The problem is the Rubber Actuator inside the Pedal.. After time some of them go really hard and become Unresponsive.. I hope that helps..
Here is the Vid :

Last edited by a moderator: